• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA in the news again!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here we go again. If they want to fix the ramp, they need to pay the ramp people better. You get what you pay for. The minimum wage comment from Kolshak says it all.

Walt's a great guy. I asked him once why he hadn't taken a management job, and he just laughed and said "It's not worth the trouble". He's right. I hope this works out for him.

Here we go again ... simply pay them more and everything will be all right.

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME.

There has never been a coherent study that shows that simply increasing pay will solve anything.

Bob

Here we go again. If they want to fix the ramp, they need to pay the ramp people better. You get what you pay for. The minimum wage comment from Kolshak says it all.

Walt's a great guy. I asked him once why he hadn't taken a management job, and he just laughed and said "It's not worth the trouble". He's right. I hope this works out for him.
I agree Walt is the best ramper ASA ever had....everyone always looked forward to being parked at his gate/zone. As for the pay scales I wouldn't say they are at the bottom of the barrel. I got paid $4.25 an hr to work the ramp for American back in 92-95. Made it all the way to $6.50 hr being a lead. Here are the current ASA hub ramp agent pay rates...in steps (whatever that is...maybe yrs of service but unsure):
$8.85..9.67..10.03.......and ending step 15 at $14.81 per hr....not the worst pay around for the job title, and benies

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back