• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA In Five Years? Or Even 2.5 Years?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Management at Skywest inc. MUST find a drastic way to reduce overall costs to continue to keep business. Either that, or they must continue to buy other carriers to rid the competiton.

It's too bad their anti-union stance gets in the way of a solution they can pull the trigger on right now.

But I guess they figure it's easier, in contract negotiations, to get rid of vacation low, the defined contribution plan, the higher 401k matching, the higher vacation and sick accrual, and slowly squeeze us on health benefits because certain pilots will fall for the, "contract improvements to a contract that is already one of the most expensive won't help" mantra.

Of course management didn't want to lose the 700s. But don't think for one nanosecond that they won't use this to beat over the head our of the JNC from now on to mediation.

Last edited:
It's too bad their anti-union stance gets in the way of a solution they can pull the trigger on right now.

But I guess they figure it's easier, in contract negotiations, to get rid of vacation low, the defined contribution plan, the higher 401k matching, the higher vacation and sick accrual, and slowly squeeze us on health benefits because certain pilots will fall for the, "contract improvements to a contract that is already one of the most expensive won't help" mantra.

Of course management didn't want to lose the 700s. But don't think for one nanosecond that they won't use this to beat over the head our of the JNC from now on to mediation.

Which pilot group is that??? Oh, you must mean the one that has already fallen for that and taken concessions......

You mean the "80 million dollars saved in synergies" crap?

Which pilot group is that??? Oh, you must mean the one that has already fallen for that and taken concessions......

Bear in mind, NOT all pilots voted for/wanted to take the concession that management AND the MEC said was necessary to get "XJT back to profitability"

I'm talking about from managements point of view. And I was using a quote from your Mr Merchant that describes the sentiment of others among the ranks. Not saying it's going to happen!

Last edited:
No doubt things are getting interesting. Clearly, any domicile opening will come at the expense of reducing current base staffing levels, and none of that should come as a surprise or a with fear...

What 27 AC? They are up for extension, not terminated. Check your facts bucko. Im guessing you had all the facts when you voted yes for PBS too.

So.....if they are not extended, then are they not in essence terminated? Why then did BH state we would 'have to work hard to keep them?'

Just to prove my point, from another thread...

How do you compete with that? Thanks for creating the B-scale wage, ALPA.

And for those who just say, "get your time and move on as well," do the math. Any new growth is coming to the absolute cheapest regional, not the majors. Unfortunately, most regional guys will never make it to the top of this ponzi scheme.

You're not supposed to compete with that. You should get your PIC time then compete for the next tier in your career. I.E. the next level whether that be LCC or Major. I understand that not everyone will move on from a regional. That is their decision. If they want to make a regional carrier, they can have it. I did not want the regional level to be the pinnacle in my carrer. I wanted more. So, I went to a regional (GoJet) and obtained my PIC time then aggressively threw my applications everywhere, talked to as many people as I could and moved on. I'm not sorry for my decisions. It paid off.

So.....if they are not extended, then are they not in essence terminated? Why then did BH state we would 'have to work hard to keep them?'

Isn't tsa supposed to get atrs or colgan or skywest?
Think those are to replace these?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back