ASA in a nutshell

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

IFLYASA

After reading the company's proposal, I'm trying to make light of it all. Obiviously ASA management undercut their proposal of insulting proportions.

Looking at the big picture, here's what we have:
1. B.L. has 90 days to settle to contract
2. The medaitor has set a March 3rd deadline
3. Supposedly in 90 days, Skywest Inc must go public with ASA's profits.

Coicidence? I don't think so. Skywest knows we are making "nice" profits. They don't want this revealed during "Contract Negotiations". So they set a dealine to get this thing settled before the numbers come out. Makes good business sense.

B.L has his hands full. Either he provides a fair contract, or he joins Skippy. So they come up with this undercut proposal. Isn't it funny how after 3+ years, this was the best they could come up with? IF it is true about the 90 day deadline for B.L., he must settle for his own job security. I don't think the pilots are going to settle for anything he has to offer. Now it's our time to play hardball and watch him squirm.

Hopefully we all meet in the middle and get this thing done. If management continue's to play their game, I think a strike is inevitable. Skywest Inc are smart players. They don't want another "Comair Strike". They know it, and we know it. They knew this before they bought us. Something has to give. The next few months are crucial. I hope we set the precedence for all regionals. No more undercutting, and no more "Pay to Play". Don't let these white collar executives control our lives!!

ASA has run this company on such a shoestring budget, jerking the pilots around, disregard for individuals, and so on, for the sole purpose of a completion factor. I care nothing about working for ASA as a company much less under a lesser contract agreement. Management need not waste time with standard negotiating tactics and low ball offers. The majority is favoring a strike. Why? Well, why not? We've nothing to lose but a job that is worth losing.

Old Crow said:
ASA has run this company on such a shoestring budget, jerking the pilots around, disregard for individuals, and so on, for the sole purpose of a completion factor. I care nothing about working for ASA as a company much less under a lesser contract agreement. Management need not waste time with standard negotiating tactics and low ball offers. The majority is favoring a strike. Why? Well, why not? We've nothing to lose but a job that is worth losing.

That says it all... Finally pilots are learning how to negotiate and growing some ball$... Good luck!

Agree to nothing until Bryan is gone, and then only to a contract that reflects the success of ASA, not the failure of DAL. If the DCI contractors want to agree to lower fees that's fine, but take it from their own large profits not the pockets of already under-paid employees.

wms said:
Agree to nothing until Bryan is gone, and then only to a contract that reflects the success of ASA, not the failure of DAL. If the DCI contractors want to agree to lower fees that's fine, but take it from their own large profits not the pockets of already under-paid employees.

Exactly, and what more is another 3-6 months? I've already gotten used to it by now.

I vote yes for strike-thanks to alot of great decisions from mgt. to government everything has gone up except for wages?? uummmhhh
5 years as president and he doesn't even think the poor mini. wage should be changed... This country and administration is for the rich and CEOS and Boards of companies. IF the American people don't work--the rich don't make money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3Yrs of stalling and now they want it done in 3 mnths. F*ck that! I'll be dam*ed if we are going to let managment dictate both the stagnation and acceleration this contract.

Another rumour that I heard about the deadline was that SKW inc has another codeshare deal that is waiting on our contract.

We shall see what happens....

GO AROUND said:
Another rumour that I heard about the deadline was that SKW inc has another codeshare deal that is waiting on our contract.

hmmmmmmmm..........this is one I'd believe, actually ;-)

I honestly think that the best thing that the union can do at this point is to stall. We've waited 39 months, what's a few more?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back