Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hoo Rah

utahpilot said:
hmmmmmmmm..........this is one I'd believe, actually ;-)

The same stall tatics were used when SkyW was awarded additional UAL flying.
They had the pilots vote to fly 50/70 (18 month TA expired Jan 1, 2005) for the same rate and before they even counted the real votes, the announcement was made the next day. A lot of bewildered pilots. I am sure management was at the BAR as soon as the announcement was public.

Bury the panthers.

I vote yes to strike unless there are significant WORK RULE improvements and no concessions on our part. HMMMM......Go figure if we push the work rule issue then the company will save $$$$$$ because it will force Screw SKD to run the operation efficiently....Take note BL.....I'd rather walk the unemployment line then give into a concessionary contract!

L1011,
I totally agree with you. Negotiating is not taking away from what you have in your current agreement (especially if our cost are tied w/mesa as the lowest and we are making money) We just have to get 99.5% of the guys on our side

GO AROUND said:
3Yrs of stalling and now they want it done in 3 mnths. F*ck that! I'll be dam*ed if we are going to let managment dictate both the stagnation and acceleration this contract.

Another rumour that I heard about the deadline was that SKW inc has another codeshare deal that is waiting on our contract.

We shall see what happens....

While we're wise not to rush things, what's the possibility of eliminating the fu*king integration? I'd just like to remove another tool they frequently abuse.

:angryfireThats right BL, WE WILL NOT BEND!! Your stupid @ss is going to meet Skippy and we will move onto another step in the contract process! Stand United Guys/Gals!
Strike Vote Now!!

Integration is just pure laziness on their part, just like a lot of other things they are fighting us on. Whatever is easiest is what they want and that means as little restrictions on them in our contract as possible.

Pref bidding and a simple computer program to handle swaps, drops, trades and open time would cut costs greatly. Why do we have to have all the incompetents in planning and scheduling doing what a computer could do 10 times better. Why they have been fighting us on having pilots help with building schedules is beyond me. Having a pilot that actually flys the schedules provide some insight couldn't help? There are airlines that have pilots that build the schedules, Airtran for example.

The appeal to managment with pilot cost reductions is they happen quickly as opposed to the months, gut usually years it take our company to impliment other ways to cut costs. Example is the 5 years it took them to figure out that having one form for load, fuel, and weight and balance for all three fleets can save thousands. It only took five years.

Last edited:
It's not about money, it's about power and control......

If management gives ASA pilots anything, than their control over your lives is diminished that much. Right now they have pilots 20 days a month and 16 hours a day (incl. JM'ing, and "ATC or Operational delay.)

It's a zero sum game, and they really don't have any incentive to relent.

scarlet said:
I vote yes for strike-thanks to alot of great decisions from mgt. to government everything has gone up except for wages?? uummmhhh
5 years as president and he doesn't even think the poor mini. wage should be changed... This country and administration is for the rich and CEOS and Boards of companies. IF the American people don't work--the rich don't make money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well said -

SKYW in Forbes

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2005/12/22/management-growth-stocks-06platinum-cz_sd_1222super.html

NEW YORK - Analysts expect these Forbes Platinum 400 companies to show greater growth--in sales and earnings--over the next 12 months than they delivered in the last 12 months. The following ten companies show at least 10% sales and earnings growth over the last four quarters; if analysts' predictions are correct, these companies will fare even better over the next year. The median company from last year's list of Supercharged Forbes Platinum companies shows a 24% total return over the past 12 months.

Company Recent Price Estimated P/E* PEG** Sales Growth* EPS Growth*** BJ Services (nyse: BJS - news - people ) $36 19 0.9 25% 45% Centene (nyse: CNC - news - people ) 24 16 0.9 56 26 Dollar General (nyse: DG - news - people ) 19 15 1.0 13 20 Noble (nyse: NE - news - people ) 71 16 0.4 51 152 Qualcomm (nasdaq: QCOM - news - people ) 46 30 1.5 29 27 SanDisk (nasdaq: SNDK - news - people ) 51 23 1.1 44 26 SkyWest (nasdaq: SKYW - news - people ) 30 12 0.4 92 49 Transocean (nyse: RIG - news - people ) 63 19 0.4 49 214 United Parcel Service (nyse: UPS - news - people ) 78 21 1.5 14 15 Wesco International (nyse: WCC - news - people ) 41 16 1.1 19 40 Data as of Nov. 29, 2005. *P/E: Price-to-earnings ratio, next 12 months. **PEG: Price-to-earnings-growth ratio (estimated P/E for next 12 months divided by the expected 3-5 year earnings growth). ***EPS growth next 12 months. Sources: Audit Integrity; Forbes; FT Interactive Data, Reuters Fundamentals, Thomson First Call, and Worldscope via FactSet Research Systems; Standard and Poor's; Value Line

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back