buscap

Total Time
So wassup?

I got nothing!!!

Max Q

ಠ_ಠ
Total Time
Eleven
Nothing in the news. When did this happen?

ACL65PILOT

Total Time
9000+
It more than likely blew a tire on ldg, went about 50 feet in to the mud. No injuries. No damage to the jet.

Max Q

ಠ_ಠ
Total Time
Eleven
http://www.kwch.com/Global/story.asp?S=11547240
Investigation Into Latest Mid-Continent Airplane Incident Begins
By Megahn Snyder (WICHITA, Kan.)

Federal investigators with the National Transportation Safety Board and the Federal Aviation Administration will decide whether to take a deeper look into Mid-Continent's second airplane incident this week.

A Delta plane drove off the runway and into the grass Thursday night. It was rolling along at a slow speed. No one was hurt.

Local officials can't tell us why the plane went off the asphalt, but the plane was taken to a local aircraft plant for inspection.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/drive
Drive
Pronunciation: \ˈdrīv\
Function: verb

3 a : to impart a forward motion to by physical force b : to repulse, remove, or cause to go by force, authority, or influence c : to set or keep in motion or operation 4 a : to direct the motions and course of b : to operate the mechanism and controls and direct the course of (as a vehicle)

ASA_Aviator

Total Time
Enough
If you are dumb enough to actually believe anyone in the news media has any idea what the hell they are going on about aviation-wise, you are one silly, silly little monkey.
Exactly. When is the last time a plane "skidded" off the runway? That's the normal verb they use.

Max Q

ಠ_ಠ
Total Time
Eleven
If you are dumb enough to actually believe anyone in the news media has any idea what the hell they are going on about, you are one silly, silly little monkey.
Fixed.

wms

billSquared
Total Time

CFI2766

Total Time
I think that if we put one in the mud, either in a minor or a major sense, (in the eyes of the NTSB/FAA/trial lawyers), it will affect us all. ASA has an outstanding safety record; to change that could put us all out of a job. I'm not Monday morning quarterbacking, but we need to be careful out there.

Dubya

Part time genius
Total Time
Isn't there a nose wheel steering issue on those? I believe Skywest had one go off in SAT or AUS while going slow and turning. Was that attributed to nose wheel steering problems?

dooork

Total Time
It appears ASA and the ASAholes strike again. I thought you would have learned after SAV.

Tarzan

Total Time
Dunno. 709EV has been pulled from the flow boards on that day.

701EV

Total Time
a lot

JustaNumber

Total Time
I think that if we put one in the mud, either in a minor or a major sense, (in the eyes of the NTSB/FAA/trial lawyers), it will affect us all. ASA has an outstanding safety record; to change that could put us all out of a job. I'm not Monday morning quarterbacking, but we need to be careful out there.
Well said. Thankfully it didn't seem to make the news.