Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Medeco

SQUIB
I am wondering if anyone knows the latest on ASA. The last two rumors are drastically different from eash other.

1 is no interviewing till Jan. the pool is full

2 is interviewing 40/month

I live in Atlanta with a friend that just interviewed and they mentioned to him they were done till Jan.

then somebody said 40/month on this board the other day

management is always changing things and i hope the 40/month is true

Anyone else have info to share?

Well, I think what the "rumors" mean are this,. no more interviewing until Jan, the pool is full, BUT there will be 40 a month for the rest of the year. Well, those 40 a month are coming out of the pool.
And 80% of the new hires are going to the 70 seater. Well, at least its a nice place to be considering you're going to be on reserve for 3+ years!

Bailout,

A little help if you would...3+ years?!? I'm new at this game so maybe I'm missing something but why would anybody want to sit on reserve for that long. Even if it is in a 70 seater RJ. That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me considering there are plenty of other reputable companies hiring now.

If they don't want to sit reserve for that long, they can bid off it to a more junior seat after a year. Plus who knows what kind of growth there may be in the -700 lines.

I thought the 50 and 70 seaters were a common type, is there any particular reason ASA is treating this as seperate equipment?

thanks

As an Oct 7th classee, I have a couple questions for you ASAers. What is the realistic projected growth of the CR7? With what they seem to be planning, unless alot of current pilots bid in, how can reserve be projected so long? What are the plans for this plane? I checked the Delta timetable, and it only flies to 5 or 6 cities, and then only once or twice a day! Not many flights! Anybody have any info. One last, are alot of current ASAers bidding into the CR7. or keeping their current equip??

bayoubandit said:
I thought the 50 and 70 seaters were a common type, is there any particular reason ASA is treating this as seperate equipment?

thanks

1) because even though they are a common type, there are still a LOT of differences in the way you fly them.

2) They have different pay scales

Beavis said:
As an Oct 7th classee, I have a couple questions for you ASAers. What is the realistic projected growth of the CR7? With what they seem to be planning, unless alot of current pilots bid in, how can reserve be projected so long? What are the plans for this plane? I checked the Delta timetable, and it only flies to 5 or 6 cities, and then only once or twice a day! Not many flights! Anybody have any info. One last, are alot of current ASAers bidding into the CR7. or keeping their current equip??

I think the only people who really know what the growth will be like are Leo and Feddy, and they aren't talkin'

Keep in mind the DAL timetable only shows current or very near future cities at the time of printing. None of the DCA routes show in the current timetable, and I'm sure there are plenty of others around the corner that aren't showing either. (ABQ? HVN? your guess is as good as mine)

IAH, CLT CLE are all getting additional -700 service that isn't showing in the current timetable, but IS showing in the October bid packages.

There are plenty of people bidding it, but it is going surprisingly junior (to me anyway). I think a lot of guys are just waiting til they can hold a line to bid it, hence the general feeling that newhires assigned the -700 will be on reserve a long time.

If you get the -700 initially, I wouldn't sweat it. Yeah, you may be on reserve for a while, but that'd be the case for pretty much any ATL seat. And a -700 isn't a bad place to hang out for a while.

In any event, welcome aboard, and best of luck in class.

Yeah I have a buddy who is coming off the EMB after being there and ASA a total of one year, and he bid the 700 and got it. He began the training Sep. 3rd. My understanding is you train on the 50 series for the bulk of training and then go to Canada fot a two week class on the 70, so I suppose it will be easy for the 70 seat FO to go back to the 50 for better bids down the road. Regardless of how long reserve, he looks at it this way, Crew scheduling had used him as their bitch for almost a year on the EMB so things could'nt be worse, only better, better pay, better equipment, more time home. Seems like a good plan to me.

Bailout I suppose if they are taking 40 per month from the pool, thats good news too, since that will dry the pool up fast.

Problem is, ASA will not let you "bid down" from the 70 to the 50 seat RJ. There are plenty of ATR FO's that will tell you what it is like to make a lateral move. Since the ATR and 50 seat RJ are the same pay scale, they do not have to let you move. The 70 pays more, so they don't have to let you move (and probably won't).

As far as going junior. I think a whole bunch of guys are waiting to finish out the year and holiday season on the 50 where they know they can hold a good schedule. A senior FO on the 50 can hold 16-18 days off per month while flying 85-90 hours. That same FO would be lucky to fly 75 on the 70 seat while maybe holding 14 days off. It is only another $3.50/hour to make the change so in the long run you give up quality of life and money to fly the 70. That is my opinion on why it is going so junior.

Now when they start getting more airplanes on-line and the schedules get better people will move, thus leaving the new hire 70 seat FO stuck at the bottom for some time. I went through the same thing on the 50 seat with guys coming off the EMB. I moved back 40 numbers one month. After nearly 2 years I am just now starting to move off the bottom of the list. I am not complaining, even with the slow movement it is a great airplane to be "stuck" on and a good place to work.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back