• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I completed CRJ-700 training early this summer and will probably not fly the thing until Dec or Jan 03. I noticed all of the new hires going to the 700, but at the rate we are moving over to it from the CRJ-200 it will be a long time before these guys actually fly it.

If they (new hires) started training today, they should be ready to fly in about 60 days. But, there are plenty of more senior pilots already trained and awaiting IOE that are ahead of them. It looks like these guys will sit around for a long time doing nothing, unless the company has a lot of CRJ-700's coming in that we don't know about. I doubt this will happen since production is running behind from the strike.

It looks like ASA will spend a nickle (new hires sitting around for months with no flying) to save a penny (new hire pay of $19.02 per hour instead of $37 to $42 if they let someone more senior bid over to it).

I am surprised that ASA is puttinf newbies in the 700. At Comair, our contract stipulates the new hires go into the junior (smallest) airplane. I guess your contract does not have that.

I do not mean to offend anyone, but I can't believe some of these pilots who are trying to land there first real pilot job are being so vocal about what airplane they might fly, and if they will be on reserve for a long time. I was just glad to get hired nine years ago, period. I didn't care about all that, I just wanted to fly.

One more thing, any of you ASA ATR drivers who are coming to CVG now, I say welcome. I hope every one has made you feel at home. I have tried to make it a point to stop and say hi when I see any of you.

AFELLOWAVIATOR said:
One more thing, any of you ASA ATR drivers who are coming to CVG now, I say welcome. I hope every one has made you feel at home. I have tried to make it a point to stop and say hi when I see any of you.

It is very much appreciated, I'm sure. I know I, and hopefully the rest of the ASA guys do whatever we can to make the Comair crews feel welcome in DFW and ATL.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back