ASA Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FishandFly

As February was the beginning of the possible new-hire class timeframe, I'm wondering if there has been any word going around.

We are hearing March/April.

They announced that ATL CR2 flying will be reduced even more in the coming months to "cover the expansion in DFW". However the majority of the CR7s are coming to ATL. They have asked CPTs to be TDY'd to DFW temp to cover the growth. The letter stated that the overall lines for ATL wont shrink, because of the 700s, but that means for ATL guys to bid for the 700 if they want to stay in ATL or move to DFW.

199 hard lines, 70 reserve lines published on the 200 for February.

Just keeps getting better around here.

ATR anyone?

Last edited:
Why would you want to go to the ATR? Six legs a day for 5 hours of block? Sitting reserve and getting paid to do very little flying beats all the work you would have to do on the ATR.

I wish they would let us voluntarilly downbid. ASA just keeps shrinking in ATL. Anyone know if Comair is hiring type rated CRJ pilots? It would be nice to work out of Atlanta...

Yup......But U can have 3 days on & 4 days off with weekends off in DFW....BUT WHO THE *$#% wants to go to DFW?

Thanx DCI can I please have some KY next time!

Oh did I mention the aircraft freeze! I did not know it got cold in HELL :eek:

GO PATRIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

telephone interview

Hey ASA Guys and Gals:

I just got a telephone interview from ASA today. I am currently at another regional and want to make ASA home. Can you provide any information on what is on the horizon for hiring at ASA and what the chances are for me to get in there and be based out of DFW?

:D
:)
:D
;)

If they are interviewing you, then you have a good chance to get in. If you are hired, you have a near 100% chance of going to DFW. When I was hired, DFW was super-senior. Now it's suddenly become reversed.

Edit: In my opinion, new hires will most likely go to DFW. I really haven't followed the dynamic of the FO list lately, so claiming near 100% could be an overstatement. However, that is where ALL of the growth is now.

Last edited:
reply appreciated

Thanks for the reply! I appreciate your time! I hope that it happens soon. I made it through the telephone interview... Thanks again!

:D :D :D :D :D

Latest resources

Back