• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA going out of business!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is it possible that a message to call got lost during the in range call?

Crew: Hey Ops, Austin in range.

Ops: Bottom of 24. Have C.P. Connelly call S.H. Copy dat?

Crew: OK, Bottom of 24.

Ops: Rahg.

As usual, there is more to this story. Many pilots have had trouble with RC and his attitude. RC treats people like $h!t unless you are in the inner circle. He was told to change his attitude and he refused. Some of you might want to get the other side of the story before you go off on SH.

As usual, there is more to this story. Many pilots have had trouble with RC and his attitude. RC treats people like $h!t unless you are in the inner circle. He was told to change his attitude and he refused. Some of you might want to get the other side of the story before you go off on SH.

The only people who have trouble with RC are those that screwed up somehow and RC called them on it. Or maybe his dry humor offended them somehow, who knew. Or maybe they called him at 2am when he was on call and asked him if they could ferry an airplane in jeans and a t-shirt, and he went off on them.

That being said, if you did screw up, and you were honest with RC, he would help you out. Like the guy or not, you can't argue about how he represented the pilots. Those that went in his office knew that he was not a company kool-aid drinker, and didn't kowtow to SH in the hopes of getting promoted one day.

And that, to me, is why he was an effective chief pilot.

The only people who have trouble with RC are those that screwed up somehow and RC called them on it. Or maybe his dry humor offended them somehow, who knew. Or maybe they called him at 2am when he was on call and asked him if they could ferry an airplane in jeans and a t-shirt, and he went off on them.

That being said, if you did screw up, and you were honest with RC, he would help you out. Like the guy or not, you can't argue about how he represented the pilots. Those that went in his office knew that he was not a company kool-aid drinker, and didn't kowtow to SH in the hopes of getting promoted one day.

And that, to me, is why he was an effective chief pilot.

Actually RC was a company man. The problem is that the company is looking for a new attitude in the CP office. The "dry humor" as you call it, was not what Skywest is looking for. Aren't you a union person? How do you defend a management type going off on someone? That isn't appropriate anytime. I'm very surprised you would condone that behavior.

RC didn't like having to leave DFW, and then SLC. He held a grudge about having to relocate to ATL. Then he took it out on Scott in public. That doesn't work in an organization.

I'm a union person as much as you're a union person. I'm not sure how that is relevant to this discussion.

I'm also not going to speculate as to why he got fired, or what type of humor SkyWest wants in their chief pilots.

I'm just going to say that I enjoyed working with RC, and it's a shame how this all went down.

Latest resources

Back