• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Furloughs?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How did that one seniority list between SKYW, XJET and ASA work out?

Dude you seriously need to work on your delivery here. I suggest starting a G7 or Trans States thread here or APC and perfecting your craft of trolling with them before dealing with professionals. It will start at a level of unbelievable retardation and sometimes escalate to witty...but never clever.

Jerry will give you an offer you won't refuse.....

Why do you ASA guys always have to make comments in some sort of code. If we get a great offer then why would we refuse? As an XJT guy, I really have no clue what you are implying. Over here, most understand that rumor-mongering during contract negotiations is only detrimental to our side.

As far as I know the contract negotiations are moving along if slowly, over here we've been told to expect a year more negotiations, I don't think anyone here has a problem with that - it seems perfectly normal. In the meantime, the company agreed to several MOUs LOAs etc. that have been marginally positive.

The only fact I've heard is that the ASA mec wanted to call in mediation right away but since the other two parties don't then we carry on as at present. Seems to me that the ASA MEC are the ones causing the company problems. If there was a fight then so what, that's normal too .... posturing

In the meantime an XJT guy was sent over to sort out your disaster of a crew scheduling department, he's a good guy, I've no doubt things will improve.

(the only concrete rumor I've heard is that we'll be getting a DEN base in the next few months - but that rumor isn't about contract negotiations so it's okay)

Last edited:
Why do you ASA guys always have to make comments in some sort of code. If we get a great offer then why would we refuse? As an XJT guy, I really have no clue what you are implying. Over here, most understand that rumor-mongering during contract negotiations is only detrimental to our side.

As far as I know the contract negotiations are moving along if slowly, over here we've been told to expect a year more negotiations, I don't think anyone here has a problem with that - it seems perfectly normal. In the meantime, the company agreed to several MOUs LOAs etc. that have been marginally positive.

The only fact I've heard is that the ASA mec wanted to call in mediation right away but since the other two parties don't then we carry on as at present. Seems to me that the ASA MEC are the ones causing the company problems. If there was a fight then so what, that's normal too .... posturing

In the meantime an XJT guy was sent over to sort out your disaster of a crew scheduling department, he's a good guy, I've no doubt things will improve.

(the only concrete rumor I've heard is that we'll be getting a DEN base in the next few months - but that rumor isn't about contract negotiations so it's okay)

Please don't lump ASA guys in with that tw@t waffle.

Please don't lump ASA guys in with that tw@t waffle.

Yeah, I don't doubt 99% of your guys are great guys (and girls). I'd just like a translation of the ASA "implied in my comment" list. It's hard to tell the "joking banter" from the serious comments.

Maybe when we get the ex-XJT, soon-to-be-ex-ASA un-furloughed recallees back at XJt we will get an understanding of what's what.

Last edited:
Current newhires are being told they can go to the erj now or the CRJ in Apr. The company is a reverse psychologist and always uses a current situation for negotiating capital.

As far as JMs comment about Jerry, we got pretty much what we wanted in 07 when the pilot group got serious.

The planes that went to SKYWEST were going anyway, the company just tried to use the situation as negotiation capital. We could've gotten more since the economy had bounced in our favor and DAL was gonna cut us loose, which is why I voted no on the last contract.

Jerry will not lose money for principles. He's a business man first and knows we are a tremendous source of potential income. Don't let the cowards who are afraid to hold their ground for fear this place goes away discourage us from the contract we deserve.

That is true that contract negotiations are going to take forever, and THEN they start the SLI. It'll be a while.

The new XJET guy in scheduling will NOT make any difference. He may be a great guy with good intentions, but GED level employees and crap mgmt will see to that. There's a new scheduling sup every month, but then they are "reassigned" somewhere else in the GO. It's musical chairs over there. The more things change, the more they stay the same. Fatiguing, contract bending, and inhumane scheduling practices are the norm. Until scheduling is forced by law or a solid contract and staffing is fixed, we're all in for the same $h!t sandwich we've been eating.

I applaud your optimism though, I remember when we used to feel that way.

Welcome to the new XJet

Latest resources

Back