• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA furloughs?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If I had 1000pic already and my wife was working and not in school still i would love to take a displacment bid back to FO. Be in the top 50 holding weekends off making only about a grand month less than I am now with 5-6 more days off a month.

Hopefully some good things will happen in the near future (economy, oil etc) and we will be talking about hiring again......

Yup- looks like there is going to be some shuffling back to the right seat. Aghhhh, after all that work. Oh well, if it happens, it happens- could be worse.

I wonder how long it will take to get the Captains back into the right seat- hopefully a while. Also, what is required, training wise, when you get downgraded. How many sims etc. Do you have to do IOE again? Crap...........

I wonder how long it will take to get the Captains back into the right seat...

There was an email that followed saying effective 9/1/08.

Yea- that final email was the icing on the cake....kinda like the "and ******************** you too"........what a finale......What's the big hurry all of a sudden, and why isn't SkyWest doing the same. They're parking more airplanes than we are.

Unfortunately I've been through the downgrades here at ASA once before. Back when Skyw took 4 of our 700's I got tossed back to the right seat. I think there were about 8 of us. All we did was a 1 day ground school and 1 trip flown in the right seat with a check airman. I think it had to come out to 8 hrs or something like that. There were no sims and they did not let us choose which aircraft we were being displaced to. This was all before the new contract so some things might have changed.

Sorry guys/gals

Yea- that final email was the icing on the cake....kinda like the "and ******************** you too"........what a finale......What's the big hurry all of a sudden, and why isn't SkyWest doing the same. They're parking more airplanes than we are.

I think we should all be happy that we aren't furloughing even though we are overstaffed. It would be easy for the company to do.

I know it sucks going back to the right seat, but it is better than being out of a job.

I think we should all be happy that we aren't furloughing even though we are overstaffed. It would be easy for the company to do.

I know it sucks going back to the right seat, but it is better than being out of a job.

We haven't furloughed yet. Reduction bids, discplacements, time off without pay, these initiatives are the same that have come before furloughs at other carriers. I am not a doom and gloom person or poster on FI.com, but if you haven't acknowledged the possibility of furloughs, what more do you need to see?

Latest resources

Back