• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA FO Vacancy Bid

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Crew room talk is just that, crew room talk. I certainly hope no ALPA capitol was expended on this if there are no takers. Hopefully ALPA had at least a few Captains waiving their hand, asking for a seat swap.

I really do feel for the junior Captains who felt this would have helped them, but I hope they didn't get their hopes up based on what we blow-hards say in the cockpit or crew room.

Even I know better than to listen to me!!!

(I never did say I would move to right seat, but I have been know to spew similar bunk. I've been doing this by no brains and muscle memory for so long I could never pass a right seat checkride)

What I can't stand is the fact that everyone gets to bypass their seat locks for the past two awards. Yet the guys that went over to the 700 when the 900s came over a few months ago are still seat locked. Why let some people avoid seat lock while others are still locked in??

I was under the impression that all seat locks are released. Is that not the case? Who is not able to bid down?

The bid down is a great opportunity the following pilots:

1) Pilots who are sick of being on reserve

2) Pilots who do not want to be on reserve for the next 2 years

3) Pilots who have a newborn baby or are expecting one

4) Pilots with commuting difficulties or attendance issues

5) Pilots who want weekends and holidays off for as long they like

I heard a guy complaining about being displaced yesterday and how he only missed it by a few numbers. He was one of the ones that earlier this summer said reserve sucks and he would rather be an FO. When it comes to actually putting their $$ where their mouth is there will be very few takers.

No matter what happens with this FO vacancy bid, at least every captain had the opportunity to dramatically improve his schedule by bidding to FO. This is an opportunity for some of these guys to have a schedule that will permit them to find or keep a decent girlfriend or wife. It is an opportunity for a new father to spend weekends and holidays with his young children. It is a way to get needed relief from the excruciating torture of being on Reserve. The company and the union did their part by offering this opportunity, if nobody takes advantage of it, then so be it...

Latest resources

Back