Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

larry

Two questions -

Has anyone instructed at Florida Institute of Technology (Melborne FL I think) thats willing to give some info on pay, do they hire from the outside etc...

I see Flightsafety is restarting the ASA program. Does that mean no guys are waiting for recall now from ASA? Anybody know if they will re start the CFI Intern program?

Yes they do hire from the outside, but no they are not hiring now. The pay is terrible (this is coming from a student who hears about it all too often)

I don't believe ASA furloughed anyone.

The program w/FSI is currently on hold.....I think they're waiting for the pool to drain a bit.

Flew into MLB today, got cutoff twice by different FIT planes...thanks guys!

Chunk

Last edited:
Big C

"I don't believe ASA furloughed anyone. "
Read before you post.
ASA is hiring and there are new hires in classes. No furloughes??? Where did you get that from anyway. Dont know about hiring interns but I know that they (ASA) has had quite a bit of problems with the lack of experience form these individuals (as well as others!). ASA quit taking them for a while, but dont know if they have restarted the program. That would mean that there were not enough people applying, and I know for sure that is not the case.

Larry! Dont let what I stated here in any way stop you from trying, you never know! Although I am very good freinds with many of the recruiting guys, things are not always as I am told!. Send in your Res's!!! Good Luck!

According to Air, Inc. and the folks I've talked to, ASA has no pilots on furlough. I apologize if I'm incorrect.

The ASA program @ FSI (where I am at) was suspended (but not abolished) after 9/11 and was just revived a week or so ago, however, it was again shelved for a few weeks. We were told (grapevine) it was because of the high number of poolies.

The ASA pilots I've talked to have had generally good experiences with FSI grads. I don't think the airline would continue the relationship if there were problems.

Chunk

Tim47SIP - Ever spend time in Okinawa?

Re: Big C

Tim47SIP said:
"I don't believe ASA furloughed anyone. "
Read before you post.
ASA is hiring and there are new hires in classes. No furloughes??? Where did you get that from anyway.

From the original post asking about recalls, that implies a furlough...

I was told on my interview, that ASA has never furloughed a pilot in their existence. That says alot!

As an ex ASA pilot they did not furlough after 911, and they are currently interviewing. Word is though that they are stopping interviewing in order to drain the pool. This is from two friends that interviewed this week that were ex-ASA who are now furlouged.

If we have pilots on furlough, it's news to me!

I hadn't heard that the intern program was a bust, either...but I know the Airline Training Academy program was. There were five of those guys in my class. Only one made it to the check ride.

Latest resources

Back