ASA flight pass changes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

white knuckle

Hello, would someone please PM with the date that ASA flight pass privleges change on Delta. I'm a non-dependent which flys S3B on Delta. I've heard my passes will be going away soon (or changing). Will I still get to ride on Delta? How about ASA? I would appreciate the information when possible. This board seems to know more on this situation than the individual who "sponsors" me. Thanks in advance.

I had heard we will loose our travel benefits come July 1st. All ASA employees will be S3C's....I hope it's not true!!

I believe Jerry A. said that they agreed to status quo on pass bennies for 2 or 3 yrs. They forgot to address this in the purchase of ASA and to get the deal done they agreed to leave it as is until they could negotiate something else at a later date.

Supposedly in the later negotiations DAL took the hard line that they owned all the seats on ASA and they would give priority to DAL employees over ASA employees on all ASA flights. Jerry, in his words "gave them the one finger salute and told them to F off". Cause he knows he will lose half his workforce overnight if the rampers, gate agents, FA's, etc... if he were to accept that and they lost all priority on passes. Going down in priority on DAl flights is one thing but to lose priority on our own flights is another.

goahead said:
Everything anyone has heard is a rumor, as CTS said nothing has changed yet.

True...but "strategic" rumors abound.....designed to sense the effect of any changes. And they know this:

The rampers will all leave if they lose Delta privileges, so until the airline is prepared for that, nothing will change.

GO AROUND said:
I believe Jerry A. said that they agreed to status quo on pass bennies for 2 or 3 yrs. They forgot to address this in the purchase of ASA and to get the deal done they agreed to leave it as is until they could negotiate something else at a later date.

Supposedly in the later negotiations DAL took the hard line that they owned all the seats on ASA and they would give priority to DAL employees over ASA employees on all ASA flights. Jerry, in his words "gave them the one finger salute and told them to F off". Cause he knows he will lose half his workforce overnight if the rampers, gate agents, FA's, etc... if he were to accept that and they lost all priority on passes. Going down in priority on DAl flights is one thing but to lose priority on our own flights is another.

Skywest already goes S3C on Delta. The problem is that Delta (The DMEC, specifically) was pushing for mainline priority on Skywest and ASA airplanes. That's when Jerry ended the discussion.

John Pennekamp said:
Skywest already goes S3C on Delta. The problem is that Delta (The DMEC, specifically) was pushing for mainline priority on Skywest and ASA airplanes. That's when Jerry ended the discussion.

I don't know who was pushing for it. Jerry said it was Delta, he didn't say managment or DMEC.

S3C's can be pretty tough and not having the 6 S2 passes ASA/CMR/DAL gets. (had)
I normally find myself in the Jumpseat.

Good Luck

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back