ASA- Flight instructors

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Pandasfly

The past few posts have stated "No Flight Instructors" are being interviewed at ASA. I know for a fact, six of my fellow flight instructors were given interview dates with ASA. To date two have secured the job and are waiting for class dates, probably mid-July! So to all those flight instructors, keep trying!!!!:cool: :D

Pandasfly...

Thanks for that post. Would you know how they got the interview? What times they had? Were they from the pool that asa had before sept 11th? Or are they new off the street.

Very interesting...That is contrary to all the info that has been filtering down to us on the line thru several sources. Good for them, and proof that you never know unless you try.

fax #?

I've been trying to fax an updated resume for a couple of days and keep getting a "no answer" message.
Anyone know if they are still accepting faxed resumes?

ASA hiring sequence

After talking with the hiring dept. and reading their article in AIR, inc. mag., I can assume that they were interviewing flight instructors, part 121, 135 in the past(pre 9/11), but since then they've only called Part 121 and Flight Safety bridge program pilots. High quantity of pilots with low demand means they'll hire part 121, then part 135, and instructors last. That's the information I've heard. The last two classes during April, May were prior 121 guys and Flight Safety bridge folks. Just some information to pass along, but as with all the info on this board, its not absolute. Good luck!

Having some first hand experience with this I can say that one of the most important things you can have going for you right now is a recommendation. 121, 135, flight instructor, whatever, a rec. letter will go a long way toward putting you at the front of the pack.

Does anyone at ASA know a Scott Youngrn? He was an old friend that used to train with me in a Dallas Multi-Engine Course. He is also the only employee I know at ASA.:(

Hope that someone can help me get in touch with him.

You say your friends were hired... Where are/were they CFII's?? Nobody said they werent hiring CFI's, but only ones from Flight Safety were getting called at last count.

I'm with you on that one,..! There are 20 people scheduled in the class, and "RUMOR" has it, there are only 2 jet slots in ATL and 4 in DFW,... the rest are 70/30% EMB's/ATRs. I'll see what else I can find out.

On the July prelims I think there are 8 RJ FO slots reserved for new hires in DFW.

Latest resources

Back