Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FishandFly said:
Joe, your logic is wrong.

Both SKYW and ASA management know that the contract we work out is going to cost them more than they have already offered. Why did they not offer more? Maybe because they are smart? We're all so ticked off that they have strung this out for so long that many people are simply wanting to strike for spite.

Fish, I believe your logic is wrong. First, ASA management is along for the ride just as we are. They aren't the decision makers. The decisions are being made in SGU. I agree that they are willing to pay a little more than they are offering, but nowhere near what we are asking for. Capitulating to ALPA would send the SKYW ALPA vote over the top. Jerry isn't going to allow that to happen IMO. As far as "simply wanting to strike for spite", that isn't smart. This should be approached in a business like manner and not an emotional one.

FishandFly said:
It is not in the interest of management to have it's workforce strike. But it is in the interest of management to GAUGE the potential action of the workforce.

When management does come out with their offer, it will be less than it could have been because of your failure to vote correctly.

Exactly, without a single list, I don't want to be the highest paid group in the DCI portfolio, and I don't want to have higher costs than SKYW. The highest cost carriers in portfolios have targets on their backs. I don't think we need to be the lowest, but we also don't want to be the highest - unless of course you want to shrink.

crjskipper said:
i would be happy with a freeze on the 700 and some decent 200 increases. the company must get its house in order first, we must become more productive through better scedules and use of reserves and the like. but our mec should draw a line, bring the requests to realistic levels - no more of this big raise and a b fund crap. and i do agree with joe - alpa (nationally) is a complete sellout - but thats not todays issue. get this contract resloved before we lose more planes...

Myself and I believe the majority of ASA pilots would agree with that position.

The company has not done anything close to what it would take to convince or dispute the public info out there that a paycut is needed.

Why should the pilots be the only ones to bring the requests to realistic levels? Both sides should.

GO AROUND said:
Myself and I believe the majority of ASA pilots would agree with that position.

The company has not done anything close to what it would take to convince or dispute the public info out there that a paycut is needed.

Why should the pilots be the only ones to bring the requests to realistic levels? Both sides should.

On that we agree. BOTH sides need to be realistic.

crjskipper said:
i would be happy with a freeze on the 700 and some decent 200 increases. the company must get its house in order first, we must become more productive through better scedules and use of reserves and the like. but our mec should draw a line, bring the requests to realistic levels - no more of this big raise and a b fund crap. and i do agree with joe - alpa (nationally) is a complete sellout - but thats not todays issue. get this contract resloved before we lose more planes...

You don't get it. The MEC's table position on pay and retirement is the original position from our opener. It has taken over three years to get to these issues. If we change our position without the company making counter proposals we will be negotiating with and against ourselves. Joe Merchant knows this but attempts to ignore the facts.

Another fact is that the company started with Skip B. saying that he wanted us to be the highest paid pilots in the regional industry. He changed that with among the highest paid in the regional industry. And three years ago they decided that they would try to engage us in the RFP process. When that didn't work and we got our share of aircraft they came up with a concessionary contract proposal and lied by saying it wasn't concessionary. Please pay attention to facts and not let your bias show so easily.

If the company never moves off concessions I dare our CNC or MEC to authorize speeding up the process by negotiating a concessionary agreement. The pilot surveys have spoken and our pilots drive these negotiations. Pilots like Joe Merchant have too many close ties with current management to be trusted. He is a total sell out and has no ones interest but his own. He will soon be out of union office and hopefully our pilots will make sure he never makes a mockery holding elective office again. When he and his older girl friend spend most of their time sucking up to a prissy chief pilots and in closed door meetings with him, what is his real agenda. They are both destined for management when this is finally settled.

If our MEC sells us out by listening to Joe Merchants rants of doom and gloom I will be the first one to assist in a recall effort. I never expect them to do so. Joe hopes if he throws enough of his B.S. up against the wall some might stick. It is sticking but only to his own face.

Bizjet you are one bitter person. I hope our MEC is more rational than you. Your personal attacks indicate a weak position. Stick to the issues and you will do better.

I for one want to work for a company that treats their employees well, values them, treats them with respect, and compensates them fairly. This may not be ASA now, but we have the ability to make our conditions better. If we never ask they are not likely to volunter this to us.

We cannot influence a signed contract in the past, we can only influence our contract and a unsigned acontract in the future. We are moving forward not backwards. If the pay goes down further, we will be locked in looking upwards.

A vote for yes is not to burn the house down, it is bringing a voice to the negotiations, you wanted a voice in negotiations now make it.

Last edited:
JoeMerchant said:
On that we agree. BOTH sides need to be realistic.

The difference is you think the pilots are being more unrealistic and the rest of us think the company is.

The company has done nothing to show me that our pilot costs are too high on the 70 other than show that our hourly rate is higher. When asked to break it all down they have said "no, they couldn't do that" and have not disputed the aviation daily costs that show us below everyone else but Mesa.

Put up or shut up as they say.

ASADriver said:
Bizjet you are one bitter person. I hope our MEC is more rational than you. Your personal attacks indicate a weak position. Stick to the issues and you will do better.

You are oblivious. Joe M. is not bitter and obsessed?????:rolleyes:

SuperKooter said:
Vote No.

edited for sanity.

NICE

I typically will listen to others who disagree with my point of view. To do otherwise would be close-minded. You, however are an a$$hat

I only had one person on my ignore list. Now you are number 2. You contribute NOTHING

Last edited by a moderator:
ignore superwhatever but bizjet stop being so angry - you dont have to agree but keep it professional. joe feels strongly but keeps it civil.

Latest resources

Back