• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Denver base?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
16 of 18 in the class are going to LAX, and it seems like 13 of the 16 want to come back to Atlanta as soon as they can. With three classes said to be following, it's been said that they probably will get their wish and be back to Atlanta soon.

Morale in the class is very good. We are all excited to be here.

I'm one of the two guys who got the ATR.

Jackjj:
Is this due to their 1200tt and 200 multi requirements?
Like I said in another thread, I think pilots with those quals. will go to Skywest if they know they are heading west anyway.

I'm already in LA so I'll be applying in the next few days just to see if I get a bite with my low times 750/110.

Are many of your classmates going to go back to ATL when the chance arrives?

Im not sure of the reason, honestly. Im sure that has something to do with it though.

To answer your question, there are a few...maybe 4 or 5... people in our class who are from the west coast. So, they are wanting to go out there anyway. However, the rest of us want to get back ASAP.

Go ahead and apply. What is the worst they can say? No? :)

And to reiterate what CFI has to say, the morale in the class is extremely high. Wait until systems I guess...

Last edited:
Glad to hear morale is high- do yourself a favor and keep it that way. Unfortunately alot of people are gonna' hit you over the head with doom and gloom- but it's just the fruition of 4 years worth of angst over our contract status. Power through and good luck with systems/opsmod! If you've got any questions I'm sure people here would be more than happy to send you in the right direction- Welcome Aboard!

And to reiterate what CFI has to say, the morale in the class is extremely high. Wait until systems I guess...

Well I say welcome aboard. ASA is NOT a bad place to work. Like others said, just frustrating for the guys that have been dealing with this contract crap for 4+ years. Enjoy systems, it's the best part of training.

funny I flew with a reserve FO yesterday who said it was his forst trip of month. he's a 700 guy but his roomate is a 200 guy and doesnt fly much on reserve either. havnt heard of a lot of crew cancels but this is the time of year for lot's of sick calls anyway

congrats on asa - good place to work and the bitching will magically stop when we get the contract done. for a few months anyway

I heard from a very reliable captain at Alaska Airlines that Frontier and Horizon have split and gone their seperate ways, with the last CRJ being taken out of Frontier color sometime January 2007. It was a mutual split and gives horizon an opportunity to grow using the extra CRJ700's. Frontier is starting service using Q400's (Lynx Aviation) roughly May2007 and expecting deliveries into Spring of 2008. I did hear they are looking for a regional carrier to operate Regional Jets for them but I have not much info on that.

I heard from a very reliable captain at Alaska Airlines that Frontier and Horizon have split and gone their seperate ways, with the last CRJ being taken out of Frontier color sometime January 2007. It was a mutual split and gives horizon an opportunity to grow using the extra CRJ700's. Frontier is starting service using Q400's (Lynx Aviation) roughly May2007 and expecting deliveries into Spring of 2008. I did hear they are looking for a regional carrier to operate Regional Jets for them but I have not much info on that.

NO WAY!?!?!?

He must not be too reliable.:rolleyes: The first 2 CRJs are being taken out of Frontier's system in January. The remaining 7 won't start coming out until September through December.

Here's the schedule:
  • 2 aircraft in January
  • 1 aircraft in September
  • 1 aircraft in October
  • 1 aircraft in November
  • 4 aircraft in early December (before the holidays)
I'll give him some credit though. The rest is true.:beer:

Hmmm, Scott Hall told the new hire class this week that there is a very good chance that ASA will have a DEN base by summers end. He mentioned that there is flying there for SKW Inc, but SKW cant do it because of United.

One day he came in my class also to let us know that there were a very good chance....that we'll be getting some suppositories... mmmh I'm sorry, I meant CRJ900's...Better yet, they were on their way at the time of speaking....

I will only believe it when I will see a baby bear painted on the tail of the plane I fly!...I love baby bears...Wish I had one for christmas!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back