ASA Cummuting or MESA IAD

cbattags

Total Time
Im hoping to get some insight into what would be the "better" regional to work for (ASA or MESA). I currently live near IAD. 1600TT/120ME. Have 2 resumes walked in to both regionals. My question is: commute to Atlanta and hold a line pretty early on or hope to get IAD and sit reserve for a while?

Thanks for the help.....

pianoman

Total Time
He has a point. if you get both though, sit down, look through the contracts and decide which you like better vs. commuting. (Commuting does suck, but there are probably a ton of flights between those 2 cities) Also bear in mind ASA is in heated contract negotiations, so the contract there may improve, stay the same, get worse, or they could go on strike. Good luck either way.

cbattags

Total Time
Thanks for the help. Im sure I wont have to decide between the two. Just looking for some advice.

climb2slow

F9 busboy
Total Time
8500+
get the offer first then decide. Than being said, you won't be on reserve in Iad for very long if you started right now. In the current bid, only 6 reserve lines for 55 hard blocks of flying. I don't know what ASA faces in the growth department, but I think things at Mesa are going to slow down considerably especially for upgrades. I think the 1900's will be all gone in less than 1 year, and all those pilots will retrain onto the jet, most likely as captains, or senior FO's. The comment about reading the contracts is an excellent idea as well.

c2s

cbattags

Total Time
Thanks for the help.

I am having trouble finding information on the contract negotiations that are going on at ASA. Any help is appreciated.

cb

FreedomAList

Total Time
8000+
First get the offers, then decide.

However . . . most recent classes at Mesa are PROBABLY going to fly the ERJ out of Florida . . . under the Freedom certificate . . .

RP170

Total Time
If I had the choice I would pick ASA and wouldn't think twice. Mesa's contract and work rules have little to be desired from what I've been told by friends that fly there and they are the lowest payed in the industry. I think you will find the quality of life will be better at ASA.