ASA Crew Bags. Thanks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

av8er2

Thank you ASA for making our jobs easier by getting the bags back in the plane!

I just have to say that you might want to talk to and care a little more about the crews. The crews could of told you this would not of worked from the start.

Sinca3 said:
I haven´t seen anything yet, what are you refering too?

To provide a more efficient and effective means of crewmember bag stowage, Flight Operations has revised the FAA program.

Aircraft Loading, to allow flight crew bags to be stored in the cabin.
It is now acceptable to place crew bags in the most aft overhead bin(s) on the CRJ-200-50 (without the closet mod) and the CRJ-700. When crew bags are placed in the designated overhead bin(s) it is necessary to add 30 lbs per bag to the total passenger weight and the zone C CG index. If crew bags are too large to fit in the overhead bin, they must be placed in the designated cargo compartment:

Flight Operations also has acquired a stock of yellow
Delta Deadhead Crew Baggage tags for operational crewmembers to utilize for baggage placed in the cargo compartment. Station personnel are trained to recognize yellow tagged bags as operational crew bags that should not be removed unless requested by the crew.
The variety of crew tags currently used can lead to confusion when crew baggage is placed on the valet cart or inside the cargo compartment. Standardized usage of the easily recognizable yellow Crew Deadhead tag or pink Valet tag should reduce mishandled crew baggage.

Also, thanks to our MEC Chairman, Bob Arnold, for coordinating with VP Tutt in getting this resolved. The System CP and CP Ms Kim apparently didn't see nor comprehend the line pilot's concern on this issue. Perhaps now they will. Thanks Bob!

HoserASA said:
Also, thanks to our MEC Chairman, Bob Arnold, for coordinating with VP Tutt in getting this resolved. The System CP and CP Ms Kim apparently didn't see nor comprehend the line pilot's concern on this issue. Perhaps now they will. Thanks Bob!

As Hoser said, the MEC did this, not ASA's "kindness and generocity". Essentially, Bob Arnold told Charlie Tutt that our pilots have been told to report every lost bag to the local police, TSA, and FBI for "stolen airline uniforms and identification". That got their attention.

ifly4food said:
As Hoser said, the MEC did this, not ASA's "kindness and generocity". Essentially, Bob Arnold told Charlie Tutt that our pilots have been told to report every lost bag to the local police, TSA, and FBI for "stolen airline uniforms and identification". That got their attention.

I will say this...I don't know Charlie Tutt...but at least he tries to solve problems. If good ole ex VP of flight ops...Mr Dork himself...who I can't remember his name already...had been faced with the same situation, he would have done nothing. Now its legal...no FAA in it to violate...problem solved...NEXT PROBLEM...waiting to see what the FAA can pick at us for next.

flyhigh2610 said:
waiting to see what the FAA can pick at us for next.

Make sure your Jepps are up to date again. Me....I'm getting back into weight lifting so I can throw my flight bag at them.

I bought a standard 22 inch Samsonite carry on bag. I just went to the Flight Station with a buddy and saw that those carry on bags look much thinnner. Will my bag fit in the overheads on the CR2 or will I have to put them underneath? For comparison it fits well wheels first into the extended bins on an MD80.

Yeah thanks for making the weight and balance a real pain in the @ss. Whoever got this ball rolling should be shot.

10 in A
12 in B
10 in C
Calculation completed.
Captain: "Hey did I forgot to tell ya I put my crew bag in A don't forget to put that in"
F/O: "No sweat boss... Really glad they implemented this new policy!"

Latest resources

Back