ASA CP's Pay Cut

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ASARJMan

When Ed Paquette came up with all these additional CPs from the two we had forever, it was with the intention of having CP coverage at the airport during the evenings and on weekends. Now you see 3-4 CPs on duty during the weekdays, and none around at night or weekends.

Eliminate a couple of those positions and you save around 100K or more for each. Then cut the other CPs pay too. Funny, asking line pilots to suck it up but no one else being asked to take a cut.

VOTED IN FAVOR!

ASARJMan said:
When Ed Paquette came up with all these additional CPs from the two we had forever, it was with the intention of having CP coverage at the airport during the evenings and on weekends. Now you see 3-4 CPs on duty during the weekdays, and none around at night or weekends.

In fairness, there is ONE that is always at the airport on weekends when he has the duty. He is also the ONLY one that will consistently go to bat for the pilots.

atrdriver said:
In fairness, there is ONE that is always at the airport on weekends when he has the duty. He is also the ONLY one that will consistently go to bat for the pilots.

Can you give us his initials or something? I'm batting 0/3 with getting any help from our CPs. In fact, 2 of the three I have dealt with were completely worthless.

Keep in mind that our CP's take orders from above. They are merely puppets on strings.

NoPlaneNoGain said:
F.L. in ATL.

I agree, and BD has always been fair. As my mother used to say, "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all". So, I won't say anything about the others.

Hoser

But if you ask them, they will tell you that you wouldn't want their job, that it is very demanding, and that they often consider going back the line. Sounds like what a politician might tell his constituents.

I believe we have 7 ACPs for 1750 pilots. At an average of $110,000 per year, that costs each pilot $440 annually. Do you get $440 a year out of your ACP?

NoPlaneNoGain said:
But the most decent one went to SLC and had a heart attack. No initials needed there.

Couldn't agree more!!! He is absolutely the only C.P. worth anything at ASA! I just hope he comes to "YO-lanta" with us!

On another topic has anyone else noticed that we have had to cancel at least 2 somtimes 4 flights a day out of SLC! Hmmm piss off the employees yet again, and they leave, what a concept. I really think ASA managment goes out of their way to make our lives and our families lives as hard as possible. Anyway what a shame that the performance bonus check might be in jeopardy! (Whatever)!

Last edited:
atrdriver said:

Yes, and if you have a problem after hours, you call the CP on call. They rarely answer, and maybe call you back within an hour with a lame apology. If we did that on reserve, we'd get "no shows" or "UORs".

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back