• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
On another note, has anybody noticed the pro-DCI literature that has been circulated throught COMASA and mainline ???

Anybody hazard a guess as to what the PR campaign is leading to ????

on yet another note...

what, if anything, are asa pilots getting in return for hiring furloughed delta pilots, and are said pilots hired in seniority order or at the bottom of this list?

from listening to dal vars i gather they want to do even more, with all the delcon carriers...just wondering what's in it for the rest of us...

Anaconda said:
on yet another note...

what, if anything, are asa pilots getting in return for hiring furloughed delta pilots, and are said pilots hired in seniority order or at the bottom of this list?

We aren't "getting" anything because we aren't giving anything. Delta pilots are new hires and are going to the bottom of the list with everyone else.

seems to me they are "getting" a job and "getting" to keep their seniority at DAL...win win situation for them...

Anaconda,

If getting furloughed from Delta is a win situation, I'd hate to see a losing one.

Anaconda said:
on yet another note...

from listening to dal vars i gather they want to do even more, with all the delcon carriers...just wondering what's in it for the rest of us...

What we're getting is:

1) Good, experienced pilots.

2) The satisfaction of knowing we're doing the right thing in helping out fellow airline pilots who are going through a tough time.

3) Hopefully some good will amongst the mainline guys.

To the best of my knowledge it's not in seniority order, because not all that many mainline guys are applying, and it's not being coordinated by ALPA in any way, so seniority wouldn't be an issue.

All the furloughed guys I've talked to who are coming over are happy to be here. They all know the 1st yr pay wil suck, they all know they go to the bottom of the list, they just want to get back in the air. I say we do all we can to help them.

Latest resources

Back