ASA Contract Wishlist

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

IFLYASA

Let's say Delta avoids Chapter 11 and turns the company around. My guess is by the time this happens, our contract should be near the end of negotiations. Here is my personal wishlist.

1. 100% Retro Pay. Maybe this would stop management's BS on future contracts.
2. "Unfronzen" Comair Payscale, at the minimum.
3. Per Diem Increase
4. Duty Rigs
5. Better Retirement Funding.
6. Time and a half for open time. (Comair has it)
7. 11-12 days off minimum per month
8. Commuter Clause
9. NO MORE GRAY AREAS/LOOP HOLES IN THE LANGUAGE
10. Long Call/Short Call Reserve System
11. The Ability to check who and how many are on Reserve on any given day. That way we can know if scheduling is BSing us. (I believe Eagle has this).
12. The ability to choose to fly or not to fly on Reserve, like a priority list.
13. A higher cost of living adjustment on future amendable contract dates.
14. Do away with this DAY FOR DAY SWAP!! At least let us swap if, for example, a day line is higher blocked than a 2 day trip.
15. The ability to sell sick time at the end of the year. Knowing you could have extra Christmas money might be an incentive not to call in sick, even if you're not. After all, we earn these sick hours.

And Finally
16. Total restrucre of Crew Scheduling!!

Over half of these items are quality of life. Let's set a new standard for all regionals with our future contract!

I think you hit on some of the main points that we are worknig for..

I would like to add this to the list:

Section 24 filling of vacancies needs some major work.. There is language in the contract in section 24 that allows the company to bypass a first officer for the same paying equipment (ATR/CR2) for ever. Then it allows the companly to bypass a person for a higher paying airplane but has to pay protect that bypassed person. BUT there was a mediation that the company only had to pay protect a bypassed person on a ONE FOR ONE basis.. This means that if there are 10 FO's, ATR and CR2 that have their bid in for the CRJ 700, and they those 10 fo's are bypassed by a newhire.. only the most sr of the 10 atr and cr2 fo's will get pay protected.. the other 9 are screwed..

The system in place in Section 24 of our contract completley throws Senority out the window.

I have been on the ATR for 2.5 years and have been on reserve for 2.5 years. I have had my bid in for the Cr2 and cr7 for 9 months and been bypassed by over 200 newhires and current pilots jr to me.

Even though this section and clause might not be effecting you right now like it is to me, if you let this section of the contract stand for another 4 years in a new TA, you might find yourself in my positoin in the future.

I believe they got 100% retro pay on the last (current) contract. A lot of good that did with pushing mgmt to "get er dun" with negotiations. Of course that was different mgmt back then!

I also forgot to mention that Comair provides their pilot's a hotel in domicile for commuter's who are doing naps. How sweet is that.

av8tor4239 said:
I think you hit on some of the main points that we are worknig for..

I would like to add this to the list:

Section 24 filling of vacancies needs some major work.. There is language in the contract in section 24 that allows the company to bypass a first officer for the same paying equipment (ATR/CR2) for ever. Then it allows the companly to bypass a person for a higher paying airplane but has to pay protect that bypassed person. BUT there was a mediation that the company only had to pay protect a bypassed person on a ONE FOR ONE basis.. This means that if there are 10 FO's, ATR and CR2 that have their bid in for the CRJ 700, and they those 10 fo's are bypassed by a newhire.. only the most sr of the 10 atr and cr2 fo's will get pay protected.. the other 9 are screwed..

The system in place in Section 24 of our contract completley throws Senority out the window.

I have been on the ATR for 2.5 years and have been on reserve for 2.5 years. I have had my bid in for the Cr2 and cr7 for 9 months and been bypassed by over 200 newhires and current pilots jr to me.

Even though this section and clause might not be effecting you right now like it is to me, if you let this section of the contract stand for another 4 years in a new TA, you might find yourself in my positoin in the future.

I am getting $crewed just like you are on ATR sitting reserve while all of the new hires are holding line. just like you I do have my bid in for the RJ and the 70 seater but they have let junior guys then me go to 70 seater and all of the new hire go to the RJ. When I call them up regarding this issue the exact thing BM said was " We can't afford to move any FO's off the ATR It will not happen until Fall" I asked why? "Because we let too many over to the Jet already." Well my point is first of all do better planning and let all newhire(no offense to you) fly them and let the senior guys get their bids instead of bypassing them for years. So they can finally get off of reserve. But I forgot THERE IS NO SUCH A WORD CALLED "LOGIC" IN ASA'S OPERATIONS.

Ah, I feel better now, I will go back to my beer.

They will give you everything but this item:

9. NO MORE GRAY AREAS/LOOP HOLES IN THE LANGUAGE

;)

Sucks to be on the ATR!

My first three years at ASA was on the ATR. The first 8 months was reserves so I really feal for you after 2.5 years. That is nothing more that cruel and unusual punishment! I had a bid in for the RJ from day one. I was passed over for three long years. The only way I got through it was to go back in the military. Boy, what a choice. It is pretty bad when the mil wins over working at ASA, and I am in the Army!!! :rolleyes:

Remember the Army creed?
We do more stupid things before 9 AM than most people do all day!
Pee all you can pee!
Nothing is to good for the troops, so don't give them a darn thing!
Your going to be punished every day untill the moral improves!
Actually that sounds more like the ASA creed!:eek:
Good luck to ya!

711-24-7, what is your sr number? General area if you dont want to give away your identity?

You and I should team up and panty raid the go and BM's office to fix our bid situation. LOL

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back