ASA Closes LAX?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CFI2766

Just heard that LAX is closing for ASA. Can anyone confirm this?

If so, where will the LAX crews go? How about the aircraft? New base? Operate out of Atlanta?

Dammnnnn.

I'm sure this has something to do with the ExpressJet in LAX rumor.

I think there were only a handful of aircraft out there, so I'm sure they'll all be assimilated back into the ATL system. Either that or they'll be transferred to SkyWest.

Buddy of mine, new hire, going through systems. He says that they made the announcement for the two guys in class that bid for LAX.
I would have to doubt the accuracy of that then. If you know anything about ASA, you ought to know that the training department is often the last to know anything. It's all part of management's genius plan of keeping everyone on their toes.....That and the fact that they clearly don't have a clue or a plan at all.

-Blucher

[It's all part of management's genius plan of keeping everyone on their toes.....That and the fact that they clearly don't have a clue or a plan at all.

-Blucher[/quote]

True dat, especially in these times. But, I just got off the phone with my buddy. He says that they base is closing on June 1st, and that there was a 'strong possibility' that another base might open up, possibly Cincy. This was announced by some management puke who came in a spoke with the class.

All because we won't take the contract they're offering, I'm sure.....Did they say that too?

To make these folks move back to the ATL is not going to go over well. From what I understand, the folks that are out there now actually want to be there.

How much money does this cost the company?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back