• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA clears flightsafety pool.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just for clarification on an earlier post, I did some asking around on ATA's procedures for logging PIC time. Three pilots were logging PIC for a number of years as I described earlier...until they lost their 141 certificate for it last year. Well deserved, IMO. Now only 2 pilots log it (both students)...still a little questionable but within the law.

OK, enough of the rumors about ATA. Let's all move on. I will just correct and modify what was said in the above post.

ATA did indeed lose 141, but it wasn't last year, it was back in mid-2000. 3 pilots never were supposed to log PIC, only 2. On some of the advanced training flights, after both students were already commercial multi-engine pilots, there sometimes was an instructor that went along in the back, but was NOT there to instruct, rather it was school policy which sometimes was enforced. IF the instructor did log PIC in these instances, it was NOT at the recommendation of the school, nor was it policy. It would have been a personal decision of the particular instructor. This would be wrong, obviously, but those that did it did it at their own discretion, not at the urging of the school.

Now, can we put this issue to rest?

Latest resources

Back