asa chances?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
jon210 said:
What are the chances to get hired with ASA with 1300tt and 212 multi and no degree.

If you have a solid inside recommedation and a walked in resume, I would say that your chances are as good as anyone else, and better than anyone without the LOR and the walk-in, regardless of total time.

If a current ASA pilot walks your stuff in to Loretta, you would probably be called within a couple of hours, a day or two at the outside.

That's just how it works.

Last edited:
He is right

I can tell you after sending in 4-5 resumes. Metro is dead on.

I won't list my qualifications because I would sound like those guys who complain about not getting hired at the majors from the regionals ("I just don't understand it, I have xxx amount of time...xx type ratings and they just didn't hire me) but I don't have an LOR and I can almost guarantee you have a better chance than I do if you do.

It is just a sign of the times.

Wishing you well in your career.
Humble

Letter Of Recommendation

I hope you folks are right because I'm low time also but I am fortunate enough to have some connetions. I know that at ACA the connections didn't/hanen't panned out as I would have hoped. All we can do is keep at it and hope for the best I guess....Good luck

Try this....

Fax in the resume then call the intern to see if they recieved it.

404 766-1400 ask for the pilot recruitment office.
Fax: 404-209-0452

Be realistic on your flight times. If you have over 3000 hours and 1000+ hours turbine/jet PIC/SIC, bug them. If you have less than 2000 hours and its all piston, try it once or twice.
If you fax them a resume a day, send it at different times in the day.

It seems like ASA is going after furloughed major airline and USAir wholly owned commuter pilots lately.

Good Luck.

Last edited:
I will back up first hand that the LOR is the key for low timers like myself. I just finished interviewing last week and it was great. It is very laid back but professional. If you want to get in under 2000TT and no 121 experience then you better have a ASA friend walk you in. With that said, I will say that your on your own to prove yourself on day one of the SIM ride. It appears that 90% of the decision is based on day one. You can go to aviationinterviews.com for the gouge, but the statements made were they want to know if you can fly the basics in a larger plane and how do you work with others, no tricks

We had two out of eight that were not asked to stay for day 2.

Latest resources

Back