• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Asa Cass

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What does candler mean anyhow? I thought it was a 135 operator's call sign for the longest time, as we don't see much of you folks in New England.

The founder of Coca-Cola was Asa Candler. Atlanta, ASA, Coca-Cola, get it?

ASA Chandler:

This Georgia businessman is best remembered for his remarkable imprint on the city of Atlanta, and eventually the United States and the world. He purchased Coca-Cola from Dr. John Pemberton in 1888 and turned the medicinal drink into a national hit by 1900.

ASA is based in Atlanta

goahead said:
Cass is coming within 60 days, straight from Hall

... and ACARS last year and C concourse renovations starting in January.

Muff-N-Man said:
... and ACARS last year and C concourse renovations starting in January.

The renovations are already done! They repainted the walls in the hallways!

Candler Field!

OK, maybe I am off a little bit here, but I thought that prior to Atlanta Hartsfied, the airport was called Candler Field. When we lost our ACEE designation, the company decided to name us Candler from the original airport name. Is that not correct?:confused:

Tim47SIP said:

OK, maybe I am off a little bit here, but I thought that prior to Atlanta Hartsfied, the airport was called Candler Field. When we lost our ACEE designation, the company decided to name us Candler from the original airport name. Is that not correct?:confused:

Both are correct. This is from wikipedia:

Asa Griggs Candler (December 30, 1851 - March 12, 1929) was a business tycoon who made most of his money selling Coca-Cola. He also served as mayor of Atlanta, Georgia from 1916 to 1919. Candler Field at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport is named after him, as is Candler Park in Atlanta.

I thought ACARS was in all the 70's already? To be turned on in the nexts months.

The "Brick" is a celophane wrapped packet of alternate airport charts that would stay in the airplane in case you need to use them. Rather than them wasting space and weight in my flight bag.

I can't wait for Acey to come back.

Latest resources

Back