Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CF34-3B1 said:
It isn't "AC" it's "Acey"

It was the original ASA callsign. "Candler" isn't the "old" callsign, Acey is.

For those of us who were there before Candler, it's nice to hear Acey on the radio again.
AC...ACEY...no point in arguing as both spellings sound IDENTICAL!!

CF, it IS nice to hear the old callsign on the radio again isn't it. Most of these young wippersnappers only know Candler, however, I was gone by the time they started using that one. Reminds me of the old Bandit days doing DFW/ACT turns.

Pogue Mahone said:
Apparently the pot is calling the kettle black, as apparently, you have nothing better to do than moniter this discussion.
I did happen to read it, yes. I'm just saying who cares if it's been discussed here before. It's something you hear on the radios at work now, and a legit question if you don't work for asa or were not around to remember it previously. If you don't check the board every couple of hours, everyday, it's possible someone may have missed that discussion.

CF34-3b1: Thanks for an informative response.

G2T said:
Why does everyone get so defensive when other people ask questions? If the post was a waste of your time to read, you surely didn't need to respond to it. Some of us have better things to do than moniter every topic discussed daily here.

G2, you're right. People get so bent out of shape when someone asks a question that they think has been previously covered. As fast as this industry changes, some of the previously covered information may be inaccurate. But as a general rule, I do a search before just blindly asking a question.

If you'd really like to ruffle some feathers, try posting a double post (like in regionals and majors). It's guaranteed that you'd get a dozen pi$$ed off people demanding that you take one of them out.

CF34-3B1 said:
It isn't "AC" it's "Acey"

It was the original ASA callsign. "Candler" isn't the "old" callsign, Acey is.

For those of us who were there before Candler, it's nice to hear Acey on the radio again.

According to my ATC friend, "ASE", or Atlantic South East, was the old callsign, but the military had a squadron out west with the ACE-y callsign also, and that is why they had to change it to Candler. Now on the screen it is ACY.

Bye Bye--General Lee (Believe it or not I have a lot of friends)

ReportCanoa said:
Actually it's now ASQ.

Oh SNAP, you are correct. It was ACY a few weeks ago when I checked ATCMONITOR.com, and I just checked it again and you are correct. Good show!

Bye Bye--General Lee

Thanks for the info. I thought the change might have been due to the ownership change. Interesting history.

Latest resources

Back