• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Brasilia upgrade goes to.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Holy cow! Saw that too. Good for them. Well, that puts me a lot closer, except... anyone done the jump from RJ FO to EMB CA? Not a prior EMB FO but did some time as PIC in a King-Air a while back. Anyone done that transition? I know, I know, the Brasilia's a beast but just looking for input. The DFW EMB roster seems to be moving at... hmmm... "a medium pace." I dunno, just curious.

I just flew with an FO (RJ) who was moving over to CP on the EMB next month.

I tried to talk some sense into him,.... :)

"I tried to talk some sense into him..."

I know. Funny, I've heard that from virtually every single captain I've flown with over the last four months. And seein' I've been doing relief lines, that's about 25 captains during that time. Still, just curious.

I know several guys who have gone RJ FO to EMB Capt without ever flying the EMB as an FO. So far, they're 3 for 3 on passing the types first time out. It can absolutely be done.

In case anyone is interested in some of the other slots showing on the October final awards:

ATL CRJ700 Capt 10/99 DOH

ATL CRJ200 Capt 3/00 DOH

ATL ATR Capt 5/00 DOH

DFW CRJ200 Capt 4/00 DOH

Slots currently showing as "Newhire"

10 ATL CRJ700 FO

5 ATL ATR FO

5 DFW EMB FO

Good luck to everyone, welcome aboard to all the new hires.

Just wondering, does anybody know why we are hiring now? The lines, at least on the jet are crap (one leg then a day in the hotel, two legs then a day in the hotel, 5 legs and then go home....etc.). I know some of you won't like this, but shouldn't we stop adding more pilots until we get the lines up to at least 80 - 85 hours per month? Is anybody else sick of 70 hour lines with a lot of sitting around in the hotel?

I'm sure all of the unemployed pilots that frequent this board are just dying to listen to you b1tch and moan about your crappy lines.

Latest resources

Back