• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

73belair

Date: August 19, 2005

To: All Pilots

Re: Pilot Bid Preference Forms
There is a false Pilot Bid Preference Form (FO-015) circulating amongst the pilot group. This

form is identifiable by its revision date of July 2005 noted in the bottom left corner. Additionally,

DFW and JFK hubs are offered as options as well as a new equipment type.​
THIS FORM IS A

HOAX.
Bids reported on these forms WILL NOT be accepted. Please continue to use forms

which are dated Sept 2004

It would've been funnier if the bases and equipment were those of SKYW.

I understand from the CP's that this form was a fantastic copy...right down to the carbonless copy for the yellow second page. Someone spent some time and money on this one.

way too cool...I wanna party with those guys that came up with that cool hoax...I guess I am kinda missing the point...so props to beta or whatever ya all say...I love just hangin' out here with you dudes...

I saw the form and it had the EMB 170 as well as DFW and JFK as domiciles. I am sure the guys who relocated from DFW would of loved that had it been true.:rolleyes:

I saw the form and it was excellent.

Clever hoax or damage control ???

How many time did mgmt deny the ASA sale to Skywest ??

Heh, that's pretty funny...

Back in the late 80's-early 90's there was a pilot at NWA that was an ARTIST at these kind of things. His memos, policy and ops bulletins were indistinguishable from the real deal. They were off beat, a bit strange, but just within the realm of possibility that folks bought off on them.

It got so bad that after a few months, the NWA Chief Pilot's office had to send out a memo to disregard all memos and bulletins until further notice!

Remember, this was back before the 'net, so there was few sources of alternate information.

Glad to see someone picked up the torch...

Nu

Yeah...funny...imaging yourself as a reserve captain commuting from DFW. You call and tell your wife that you haven't seen in five days (who by the way is taking care of your two kids) the news about the bid form. Of course she is excited as are you.

In short, it would have been funnier if they would have left DFW out of it. That is a sensitive issue for many people and honestly, that was pretty low. There are a lot of people who are struggling week in and week out to make this job work and there are also many people who lost a lot to pick up and move to ATL or SLC.

I could be wrong but I doubt that anyone who finds this funny is one of those people.

Sorry to bust up the pary guys!

FL990 said:
Yeah...funny...imaging yourself as a reserve captain commuting from DFW. You call and tell your wife that you haven't seen in five days (who by the way is taking care of your two kids) the news about the bid form. Of course she is excited as are you.

In short, it would have been funnier if they would have left DFW out of it. That is a sensitive issue for many people and honestly, that was pretty low. There are a lot of people who are struggling week in and week out to make this job work and there are also many people who lost a lot to pick up and move to ATL or SLC.

I could be wrong but I doubt that anyone who finds this funny is one of those people.

I'm one of those people. I thought it was rather clever. You gotta learn to relax or you're gonna die young.

FL990 said:

Aren't the kids hers?

Latest resources

Back