ASA ATR question.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

shamrock

Just curious but are the ATRs weight/load limited to PFN? I'm looking to get down to the Panhandle area with the GF and I'm trying to figure out the best way to go.

Sorry for the seemingly stupid question but I've only flown the 50 and therefore am not cool enough to frequent the Bada-Bing where I might actually meet you ATR guys.

When the weights changed it did affect the ATR's ability to carry a jumpseater at times, kind of depends on fuel load, and kids. Most crews will be able to get everyone out though.

shamrock said:
Just curious but are the ATRs weight/load limited to PFN? I'm looking to get down to the Panhandle area with the GF and I'm trying to figure out the best way to go.

Sorry for the seemingly stupid question but I've only flown the 50 and therefore am not cool enough to frequent the Bada-Bing where I might actually meet you ATR guys.

I've never had a problem. If the WX is good we usually aren't weight limited any more with the new, new W&B plan.

If you visit the Bada-Bing and talk to the CA ahead of time, they should be able to get you on.

FlyinT said:
? Best and Most reliable Way to the Gulf Coast....Single engine Toyota!

Actually my first choice was a single engine Honda but somebody doesn't want to sit in a car for 5 hours each way!

shamrock said:
Actually my first choice was a single engine Honda but somebody doesn't want to sit in a car for 5 hours each way!

Well, if the "somebody" is a better half, check the loads, cause PFN normally runs pretty full in the back. Getting a JS on usually isn't a problem if the crew is cool, but getting the spouse on a full flight may be a little harder.

That "somebody" is my travel companion AKA The Girlfriend. I've been checking the loads for a day or two and as of right now it looks OK for later tomorrow. That being said, I've seen flights go from "Excellent" to "Not Recommended" in the blink of an eye so I'm reluctant to rely on catching a flight.

I don't think a South Alabama driving tour is all that bad an idea, I'm just having a hard time selling it.

shamrock said:
That "somebody" is my travel companion AKA The Girlfriend. I've been checking the loads for a day or two and as of right now it looks OK for later tomorrow. That being said, I've seen flights go from "Excellent" to "Not Recommended" in the blink of an eye so I'm reluctant to rely on catching a flight.

I don't think a South Alabama driving tour is all that bad an idea, I'm just having a hard time selling it.
5 hours isn't THAT bad...

What will she do when that companion pass goes up in smoke? She'll be cruisin' for a mainline pilot for an LTR...

This time of year...I'd drive it. Today...they just cxld the 1230 flight...wx. That means probably no more non-revs getting on today. I don't know what the wx is tomorrow.

Latest resources

Back