ASA and dropping trips

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
atrdriver said:
Also, policy right now is that any trip drop or swap that will increase your total number of days off MUST be approved by the CP. CP calls scheduling when you ask, and is told no coverage (they no longer have the ability to check coverage for themselves, for this very reason), and they then deny you the drop or swap.

Is this something new?? Dam.n, that sucks.

FL000 said:
Let me ask a specific question to those in the know...

If one had 3 naps on his schedule, say mon-thurs, and wanted to drop the mon. night nap to pick up a fri. day line, would they go for that?

It's not day for day, but in that case, the lineholder wouldn't have tues. off as a result of the swap anyway since he would start a nap that night.

Bottom line, what are the rules for swapping naps?

Thanks.

If you have the seniority to do the swap (and scheduling didn't use their old standby "Denied- Low Coverage") you can do it, or at least I've seen it done several times in the past couple of months. Your # of days off doesn't change in your example, you're basically swapping Monday for Friday.

dropping per cpo

atrdriver said:
Also, policy right now is that any trip drop or swap that will increase your total number of days off MUST be approved by the CP. CP calls scheduling when you ask, and is told no coverage (they no longer have the ability to check coverage for themselves, for this very reason), and they then deny you the drop or swap.

the chief pilots can actually decide for themselves. they can either drop the trip unpaid or paid. just depends how important they feel your situation is in the whole scheme of things. ASA has some CPs that will drop anything regardless.

udontwannaknow said:
the chief pilots can actually decide for themselves. they can either drop the trip unpaid or paid. just depends how important they feel your situation is in the whole scheme of things. ASA has some CPs that will drop anything regardless.

Ummmm....... And these whould be which Chief Pilots????

FL000 said:
Let me ask a specific question to those in the know...

If one had 3 naps on his schedule, say mon-thurs, and wanted to drop the mon. night nap to pick up a fri. day line, would they go for that?

It's not day for day, but in that case, the lineholder wouldn't have tues. off as a result of the swap anyway since he would start a nap that night.

Bottom line, what are the rules for swapping naps?

Thanks.

Nope.....has to be day for day!! Even if you try to trade a three day worth 23 hrs for a two day that has 4 deadhead legs in it. They just love to *uck the pilot group right now. I can see fat a$$ Chuckie T. sitting in his cubicle at the GO laughing right now at the thought of screwing over another pilot group. Makes me sick......maybe I'll call in today!

Charles J. Thibaudeau (Chuck) SR V.P. Human Resources & Administration. He has almost all the say over there! He is Gary Gross's (Manager-Pilot Contract Administration) boss.

ASA Sucks

Life sucks at ASA. I think there is very little freedom. They have no interest in creating a balance at ASA. They want to get as much out of their pilots for the least amount of money. People are quiting just because of lifestyle issues. Sure their are worse companys to be at but their is also a right way to treat your pilots when you are one of the biggest regionals.

Latest resources

Back