• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA and Comair stand United

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Association President can't possibly be at every single event. Captain Woerth came to the Comair picket in CVG at the end of last month. I suspect that Captain Prater would liked to have been at this event in ATL, but he's currently in the process of a national tour to meet with MECs and line pilots from every airline. He's going to be extremely busy during his first 3-6 months in office.

As for DALPA, I really don't know why they weren't there. I've only met Captain Moak briefly, so I really don't know what his opinions are on DCI issues. I agree, however, that DALPA should be there. I guess the question is whether they were even notified of this event. I know members of the CMR and ASA MECs pretty well, but none of them sent me an email or anything to let me know about this event, otherwise I would have been there. I'm guessing this was a last-minute event and they couldn't notify everyone.

Agreed.
No need for hin to be at every event. However, he should be at the most time critical events and I think with Feb. 2 (I think thats the date) a few days away, he should have been there and he should have assured that DALPA was there. Having NOT done either of those things, it seems all the "new alpa order" talk is just that. Talk. Hmm. Thats too bad.

No need for hin to be at every event. However, he should be at the most time critical events and I think with Feb. 2 (I think thats the date) a few days away, he should have been there and he should have assured that DALPA was there. Having NOT done either of those things, it seems all the "new alpa order" talk is just that. Talk. Hmm. Thats too bad.

It would seem that this was a last-minute event that didn't provide time for schedule reshuffling. Based on what I've heard so far from Captain Prater, I'm sure he would have liked to be there. These sort of events are what he's all about.

As for the "new ALPA order," I can assure you that things are not status quo. Captain Prater has been very busy in changing things around, setting new priorities, creating new committees (including the new National Strike Committee), meeting with all MECs to see what the problems are at each property, etc... I was a Woerth supporter during the election, and I still think that we've lost a great lobbyist on Capitol Hill, but I'm starting to believe that Captain Prater is the best thing that could happen to this Association. Don't expect the same old ALPA for the next four years.

Why then are people accepting jobs at these places. Why doesn't ALPA impose a hiring ban at these places. That would be a good start.

I know for a fact that there were no ASA pilots flying Comair planes during your strike. Nor were we flying extra segments in to cities to make up for your lost lift. It does not mean that they did not try, they did. No one was willing to do it.
We did have one individual that positioned your aircraft. He is a non-memeber, but that is all that I witnessed.

Sounds good, look's good, but does it have any substance? Where was the DAL MEC? Where was the new ALPA President? Without either "brand scope", or "Inclusive Scope", this will accomplish nothing. Pretending to be "one" without actually being "one" is meaningless.

I saw Newie, Chris, and Doug, but I didn't see the DAL MEC or the ALPA President. What is the game plan? Informational picketing isn't going to get it done folks.....

Hmm. Let's see. According to the ALPA main web page...

DALPA was in Washington smoking cigars with management and lobbying against the UsAirways takeover.

Prater was in ATL for the two days prior to the picket, the first day doing his scheduled rally, the second day meeting with the ASA and Comair MECs. The day of the picket he was scheduled to do his rally in CLT.

If you called your reps instead of your typical impotent internet bitching, you'd know that Newie only found about it the day before, and this was a last minute item. Apparently it was an emergency meeting of the Delta BOD. At least that's what WF told me.

As for wearing your ALPA pin, who are you fooling? You wouldn't wear an ALPA pin if you were the MEC chairman. Speaking of which, we still haven't heard your excuse for all y'alls crushing defeat in the election. What say you?

Where was the DAL MEC? .....

The DAL MEC is in Washington. We have our fight going on right now. BTW, I didn't see the ASA/CMR MECs or the ALPA President at our Senate hearing the other day. Not that we're complaining about it, but just pointing out that everyone has their battles. No need to throw a tissy if you're not getting everyones attention.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back