• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA and Comair stand United

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Sounds good, look's good, but does it have any substance? Where was the DAL MEC? Where was the new ALPA President? Without either "brand scope", or "Inclusive Scope", this will accomplish nothing. Pretending to be "one" without actually being "one" is meaningless.

I saw Newie, Chris, and Doug, but I didn't see the DAL MEC or the ALPA President. What is the game plan? Informational picketing isn't going to get it done folks.....

Sounds good, look's good, but does it have any substance? Where was the DAL MEC? Where was the new ALPA President? Without either "brand scope", or "Inclusive Scope", this will accomplish nothing. Pretending to be "one" without actually being "one" is meaningless.

I saw Newie, Chris, and Doug, but I didn't see the DAL MEC or the ALPA President. What is the game plan? Informational picketing isn't going to get it done folks.....

JB, I gotta say, for once I agree with you. Without the support of DALPA this is all pretty much touchy-feely eye-wash. Where was DALPA and ALPA national when Comair's 70s started coming our way???

JB, I gotta say, for once I agree with you. Without the support of DALPA this is all pretty much touchy-feely eye-wash. Where was DALPA and ALPA national when Comair's 70s started coming our way???

All former disagreements aside, we are now in agreement. However it didn't start with the CMR 70s coming to ASA. Where was ALPA when ASA was flying CMR passengers in CMR airplanes during the CMR strike of 1998? This problem started long before these CMR 70s came to ASA. You see, I once believed in ALPA and once I agreed with much of what you say. However I became disillusioned with the falures of this so-called union that allowed members to undercut each other and take flying away from "brothers".

ALPA, give me a reason to start wearing my ALPA pin again....

I applaud the unity of the ASA and Comair pilots for taking a stand.

"Can you live on 19,000/yr? NO, can you?"

But you can live with 22K yr? WTF?

I applaud the unity of the ASA and Comair pilots for taking a stand.

"Can you live on 19,000/yr? NO, can you?"

But you can live with 22K yr? WTF?

So far, the so called "unity" is only for photo ops. Until DALPA and ALPA national take a stand, it will continue to only be a photo op.... Taking a "stand" does no good if you are undercut by fellow union members, including mainline ALPA members......

ALPA, give me a reason to start wearing my ALPA pin again....

That's entirely your decision Joey. Actually, no one really cares if you wear it or not, or even if you support ALPA, ASA's MEC & Neg Comm or not. We've heard and read your BS for quite some time now, and we don't care what you do, think, or say.

STRIKE ASA!

So far, the so called "unity" is only for photo ops. Until DALPA and ALPA national take a stand, it will continue to only be a photo op....

The Association President can't possibly be at every single event. Captain Woerth came to the Comair picket in CVG at the end of last month. I suspect that Captain Prater would liked to have been at this event in ATL, but he's currently in the process of a national tour to meet with MECs and line pilots from every airline. He's going to be extremely busy during his first 3-6 months in office.

As for DALPA, I really don't know why they weren't there. I've only met Captain Moak briefly, so I really don't know what his opinions are on DCI issues. I agree, however, that DALPA should be there. I guess the question is whether they were even notified of this event. I know members of the CMR and ASA MECs pretty well, but none of them sent me an email or anything to let me know about this event, otherwise I would have been there. I'm guessing this was a last-minute event and they couldn't notify everyone.

Taking a "stand" does no good if you are undercut by fellow union members, including mainline ALPA members......

Agreed.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back