• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LOL...obvious typo.

I think they meant "commuter claws"

Haha! You beat me to it!

One other thing that appears wrong, according to the contract that I read, is that new hires will not receive a 75 hour guarantee, but $300 per week. Did anyone catch that?

They should also advertise, for a limited time only, new hires will not have to suffer through the Red Roof!

Hi!

I can see advertising a Duty Rig.

I was at Trans States, and the ALPA rep who met with our new-hire class didn't even know what a Duty Rig was. TSA doesn't have duty OR trip rigs.

At my current airline, we just got a Duty Rig this month. No trip rig.

cliff
YIP

The computer clause was put in to prevent law suits from pilots who go crazy using ourASA.

Haha! You beat me to it!

One other thing that appears wrong, according to the contract that I read, is that new hires will not receive a 75 hour guarantee, but $300 per week. Did anyone catch that?

They should also advertise, for a limited time only, new hires will not have to suffer through the Red Roof!

Yeah I did notice that. Funny they put in duty rigs and commuter clause but they forgot to take out 75 hour gaurentee while in training.

Yeah I did notice that. Funny they put in duty rigs and commuter clause but they forgot to take out 75 hour gaurentee while in training.

Yeah, gee whiz. Only ASA will lie to you before you even work there. OK, maybe ASA and NWA.

Duty Rigs

I think the duty rigs are a great thing. They should prevent these idiots from making such crappy trips. At least we would be getting paid for the crappiness-in my interpretation if they choose to make them.

I have noticed that people are getting all worked up over the possibility of 5 day trips. The 70-seat flew these things exclusively for quite some time-remember? I don't like 5-days, and I really don't see them being utilized very much. I do believe any 5-day would be far more expensive to the company if we were to see them.

Overall, the TA doesn't look too bad to me. There are a few things we could have done a little better on, but in my estimation, nothing that would warrant a "no" vote from me.

When ya got a DO that came from an airline that didn't have duty rigs, of course it's a benefit. LOL!

Latest resources

Back