• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA 4 Days

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think the simple answer is we are running a little fat on pilot count. By having lines that are only 4 days and under guarantee it becomes difficult and non beneficial for a pilot to manipulate their schedule. The company does not want to pay over guarantee when they have too many reserves sitting around. Wait for PBS. There will be very few awards over 75 hours. Once attrition happens or growth occurs, then hours per month will rise until we reach our breaking point. FO's will wait longer to upgrade and our furloughee's will wait longer to be recalled. This is the cost advantage the company wants.

I think the simple answer is we are running a little fat on pilot count. By having lines that are only 4 days and under guarantee it becomes difficult and non beneficial for a pilot to manipulate their schedule. The company does not want to pay over guarantee when they have too many reserves sitting around. Wait for PBS. There will be very few awards over 75 hours. Once attrition happens or growth occurs, then hours per month will rise until we reach our breaking point. FO's will wait longer to upgrade and our furloughee's will wait longer to be recalled. This is the cost advantage the company wants.

I don't know what seat you're in but if you take a look at the 700 Capt RES list we have no one! We have zero Res coverage for today. We need an upgrade class!

I know there are conspiracy theorists everywhere, but low paying 4 days have nothing to do with getting you to accept PBS. It is the brainchild of a couple of people in SGU. Skywest has PBS, AND low paying, crappy, 4 days.

At XJ we have 4 days that are low value AND get you back in base at 1 in the morning on the 5th day So there!

At XJ we have 4 days that are low value AND get you back in base at 1 in the morning on the 5th day So there!

Hmm, after a scheduled 12am arrival that's 3.75 hours more credit at ASA. It's still sucks regardless. Once the FAA mandates the 1500 hour ATP rule, regionals will be struggling for pilots. They will be forced to pay respectable wages and give better quality.

Hmm, after a scheduled 12am arrival that's 3.75 hours more credit at ASA. It's still sucks regardless. Once the FAA mandates the 1500 hour ATP rule, regionals will be struggling for pilots. They will be forced to pay respectable wages and give better quality.

I believe it will drive some regionals out of business as the rule stands now. As wages come up to attract pilots, the incentive for Legacy carriers to contract out out flying decreases. Give it ten years and I believe you'll see a great deal of this flying returning to mainline if the rule passes as is. There are multiple groups lobbying for caveats to this rule such as structured programs.

There are multiple groups lobbying for caveats to this rule such as structured programs.

The data is pretty clear that quality outweighs quantity. Structured program people do better than those with a lot of hours who didn't attend some sort of structured program.

That doesn't mean that there are some who do well who didn't come from a structured environment, but on average, structured low-time pilots are better at getting through training and IOE than non-structured high-time pilots.

This makes sense, since the part 121 world is so structure-heavy.

Quality over quantity, every time.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back