• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AS - this doesn't sound too good

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wouldn't worry too much. The MD won't go away until we need the loss for contract talks. Our contract is amendable in 5/07. Sometime after that, they will start to go away is my guess.

We are getting 42 -800's now. I did hear an interesting rumor in ANC the other day...we heavy checked some -200s to extend there life in case the ANWAR opens up.

How does a merger with CAL sound? I know mergers are messy but I think since we're both in a hiring mode and have similar fleets(we even have a MD-80 sim left). We need the West Coast and you guys probably want name recognition on the East Coast. Maybe I'm full of it. Just a random thought I just had and I'm sure it's been discussed on this forum.

IAHERJ

Last edited:
mach none said:
I did hear an interesting rumor in ANC the other day...we heavy checked some -200s to extend there life in case the ANWAR opens up.

Last I heard that issue was dead...Remember Uncle Ted got pounded in the media because he attached opening ANWR in a defense bill? I haven't heard anything since the bill was voted down.

You'd think me might be seeing the -400 freighters by now. Anybody know the status of that project?

IAHERJ said:
How does a merger with CAL sound? I know mergers are messy but I think since we're both in a hiring mode and have similar fleets(we even have a MD-80 sim left). We need the West Coast and you guys probably want name recognition on the East Coast. Maybe I'm full of it. Just a random thought I just had and I'm sure it's been discussed on this forum.

IAHERJ

It does seem to make sense at a glance. If we were going to merge with anyone, CAL would be the only won that would not scare the crap out of me.

200's forever

The 200 fleet remains at 7 aircraft. 742 was previously leased and had been scheduled to go to Aloha when we ran it out of time. Alaska bought the aircraft instead and sent it in for a D check. It should return to the line in March 06.

So, right now we have 6 MudHens flying, soon to be 7. The airplane with the shortest time remaining (till heavy check due) is a little over 2 years. The others have 3 to 5 years remaining.

The company plans on parking them all by June 2007.
Personally, I think they will be around a lot longer than that. I'm not counting on the 400 combi until I see it on the ramp. The 400 freighter is suppose to be a slam dunk done deal, but the combi could have some troubles in certification.

mach none said:
We are getting 42 -800's now. I did hear an interesting rumor in ANC the other day...we heavy checked some -200s to extend there life in case the ANWAR opens up.

Bring back the Hercs!

Latest resources

Back