• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AS Record Profit...and reasons why...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't think it's a prediction, it's a...point of interest. Earlier in the para. he mentioned "accelerated growth" and "saturated resources." Training desires to start preparing for increased training demands 18 mos. in advance to prevent becoming a bottleneck. Pretty optimistic in this industry, but IMHO Kemp is saying training is doing their best with considerably less than 18 mos. warning.
ELOA'S are being extended for anybody on one...can get two more years ...their estimate when all furloughs would be back.....Not sure how that fits with "accelerated growth"....2013 is when growth movement will happen.....greedy old people will have to leave then

Last edited:
<<2013 is when growth movement will happen.....greedy old people will have to leave then >>
I don't think you're describing growth. If people above you leave the seniority list, then you're moving up. If the airline is growing, you just get farther from the bottom. (Not that there's anything wrong with that)

Little birdy says part of the "big announcement" is -900ER's in 2012.

Yeah.....game changer right there........look out.........

If you replace the -400 with -800s and -900ERs we will have massive growth. I don't know about you, but that makes me excited.

Don't some airlines have separate payscales for -900s?

If you replace the -400 with -800s and -900ERs we will have massive growth. I don't know about you, but that makes me excited.

How exactly does a 1 for 1 aircraft swap (no matter if it's a 400 for a 900 or whatever) equal massive growth from the pilot's standpoint?

Last edited:
How exactly does a 1 for 1 aircraft swap (no matter if it's a 400 for a 900 or whatever) equal massive growth from the pilot's standpoint?

I'm pretty sure he was sarcastic.

Does the 900ER fly any better than the piece of sh_t regular 900?

I bet it flies the same, just goes farther--like to Hawaii

Don't some airlines have separate payscales for -900s?

Off the top of my head, CAL has their small narrowbody rate for the -500,-300, -700, and a large narrowbody rate for the -800,-900, and 757-200.

We deserve a raise with all of this ASM growth, but if other airlines don't make big gains before we enter negotiations, we'll be in for a big fight again.

Latest resources

Back