Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Article Referencing Crew Movement at the NEW Delta and a SOLUTION?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Voice Of Reason

Reading Is Fundamental !
I wonder why they don't just must ride crew movement you guys from your ACTUAL HOME (not necessarily base) airports to where they need you when they switch flying all around (as long as served by either airline with x number of flts a day, at least during a transitional period) like we do at the fracs (only difference with us is paid for tickets)? Seats need to be blocked to move crews ANYWAY, so why not spread out over many routes...
That would solve the tying up of a few major routes and be one of the only times "spreading the wealth" might actually make sense... Maybe your "transition team" and union should work on that...would prevent huge problems on profitable routes and make employee morale a LOT better, no doubt:)

from Twincities.com:
At Northwest Airlines: Meet the new boss

Delta exec says no big changes soon
By John Welbes
[email protected]
Article Last Updated: 10/30/2008 09:13:55 PM CDT

With flight attendants from both Northwest Airlines and Delta Air Lines standing at his side, Ed Bastian laid out a deliberate, careful strategy for integrating the two airlines.
Northwest now is a wholly owned subsidiary of Delta, but Bastian — the new CEO of Northwest — said passengers can relax and not worry about bracing for big changes right away.
Eventually there will be one frequent-flier program for the new Delta. But until then, you can use the program you're on now. Eventually, the two airlines will have the same ticketing system and the same Web site.
"The last thing we want to do is screw up our customers' experience," Bastian said Thursday afternoon during a media event at MinneapolisSt. Paul International Airport. Bastian, who also is president of Delta, had flown to the Twin Cities from Atlanta, Delta's home base, earlier in the day. He'll be spending much of his time now in the Twin Cities.
The two airlines announced Delta's acquisition of Northwest on Wednesday, just a few hours after government regulators signed off on the deal. For the next 18 months or so, Delta and Northwest will be working out the details — large and small — of creating the world's largest airline.
"This hub is secure," Bastian said, as light afternoon passenger traffic coursed through the Lindbergh Terminal's ticketing level behind him. "In fact, all of our hubs are secure." He said the Minneapolis-St. Paul hub could potentially grow as the consolidation progresses and noted the area has strong passenger traffic and great corporate customers. "We'd be fools to let anything happen to that," he said.
Northwest controls about 80 percent of the passenger traffic at Minneapolis-St. Paul International. In September, that amounted to 1.5 million of the 1.9 million passengers who moved through the airport.
In recent months, Northwest has cut capacity at the airport and throughout its system as high fuel prices ate into profits. Asked about the possible effect on airfares from the current economic slowdown and the downturn in crude oil prices, Bastian said, "in this economy it's hard to see higher prices."
Bastian's words about the Minneapolis-St. Paul hub were a relief to Mike Landy, a member of the Metropolitan Airports Commission, which runs the Twin Cities' airport.
Bastian also said the two airlines need to align their fee practices and policies. Recently, Delta started "testing" fees for its roomiest seats with extra legroom, which Northwest has charged for years.
Also, Delta doesn't charge for the first checked bag. Northwest started charging $15 for the first bag this summer.
One change customers might have noticed even before the merger: crowded flights between the Twin Cities and Atlanta.
The airline is considering adding an employee shuttle flight between the two cities, or possibly putting larger planes on the route. So many managers and employees have been traveling back and forth as they work to integrate the two airlines that it's been a little difficult to get seats, employees said.
John Welbes can be reached at 651-228-2175.

Last edited:
Easy answer cause not only would that be logical, it would also make sense. This is the airlines, logic and sense is not part of the decision making process. What I see happening is bigger planes between the cities with more employee's on them. :beer:

There was already talk of dropping widebody equipment between DTW-ATL and MSP-ATL. I wouldn't be surprised to see that fairly soon.

There was already talk of dropping widebody equipment between DTW-ATL and MSP-ATL. I wouldn't be surprised to see that fairly soon.

Of course you wouldn't...:rolleyes:
This board is worse than MSNBC and their agendas.
Everything has to be doubted now because different pilot groups are jockeying for position and trying to change perceptions with seemingly (or actually) inane posts.
Sad.

huh? I was just referencing that you're going to see large gauge equipment between the major hubs. No agenda...

Is that tinfoil hat feeling scratchy?

Usually when one is talking about "adding widebody equipment" they don't say "dropping widebody equipment".

Those 747's aren't going to fly themselves to Atlanta....

Also, I was just thinking Delta has all those 50 seat RJ's sitting around that they have to pay for under contract... .

Why is VOR all into NWA's issues? Is he junior NWA? For some reason I was thinking he was a Comair pilot.

Last edited:
Those 747's aren't going to fly themselves to Atlanta....

Also, I was just thinking Delta has all those 50 seat RJ's sitting around that they have to pay for under contract... .

Why is VOR all into NWA's issues? Is he junior NWA? For some reason I was thinking he was a Comair pilot.

Nope, frac pilot who has had experience throughout the industry (like many here your current job isn't your ONLY job you've had), close buddies at both airlines, and interests in the final outcome, as many here are, for positive career prospects that are fair to all. The results here have a huge effect on the industry as a whole, and that affects ALL of us, AND our career choices. I have never worked at Comair or any regional for that matter, so no idea where that came from. I think that's enough personal info for this venue...

Latest resources

Back