• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Article - "Do you know who is flying your plane?"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No way, a Skywest pilot did that? Those guys come in with at least 1000 hours and are the most experienced. It say so on their inflight magazine.

That was an extremely overly simplistic statement of what happend with that Mesaba situation as well. Lets just say there is much more to that story than what was said, and no I am not going to add to it here.

The FO was flying the plane and only had 15hrs in CRJ... However the Captain had over 1100 hrs in CRJ. And lets face the facts on this... The CRJ had tail icing.. But Bombardier says the tail doesnt ice on the CRJ...
Here is the report for those of you who actually want facts...
http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief2.asp?ev_id=20040121X00083&ntsbno=CHI04IA056&akey=1

Interesting. Nothing in the report suggests there was any problem with longitudinal control.

Rapid City Journal said:
And that inexperience has resulted in a string of incidents, punctuated by a deadly crash in Buffalo, N.Y., in February 2009. That crash killed 50 people and resulted from errors by a pilot making less than $16,000 a year with a sub-par training history.

Also interesting. I'm quite sure the one who screwed the pooch and had a shaky training history was not the one making $16K. Gotta love the media.

I like the guy who says "as long as my flight is cheap, and on -time"

That sums it up. Of course, if there is an incident his family would sue the deepest pockets.

Interesting. Nothing in the report suggests there was any problem with longitudinal control.

Also interesting. I'm quite sure the one who screwed the pooch and had a shaky training history was not the one making $16K. Gotta love the media.

Actually, she sealed their fate when she brought the flaps up...

True but it never should have gotten to that point. There are 2 of us there to make sure if one is asleep at the wheel the other can fix things before they go out of control. When both are clueless then we might as well be flying airliners as Global Hawks (unmanned)

Latest resources

Back