Arrow Air ? EMERY DC-10 and T-6 Texan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hmmm

I've seen an EMERY painted DC-10 at the Arrow Cargo Ramp at MIA whats up with that.

Also anyone here in Cargo board own and proficient flying their T-6.
I have one but haven't finished it and have a question about landing it on a 2500' paved strip clear at both ends. Can it be done safely...

It is our newest DC-10-10, going down to Brazil for C-check and new paint. Sister ship to our other DC-10-10. Are you the guy with the binoculars that our security guards keep complaining about? :D

No problem with 2500 feet paved. They don't trust me on the 2000 paved strip but from the back it looks easy except for using the brakes more than usual. The one my friends fly out here in NJ lives in a 2500 foot grass strip and goes into the next door 2000 foot paved strip often. Redline brakes supposedly help cause I'm told the drums fade.

Hey 877
Where in Brazil you guys are doing C-check on a DC10 and who is doing that?
And yes I am from Brazil that why I am asking.

Thanks for the replies on the DC-10 and T6

I used to fly there. Miss it.

But it would have taken too long to upgrade. As it was I was there 4 years furloughed two months every year.

Where iam at now I made Captain in 2 yrs and make the same money but miss the adventure.

On Your Six said:
Are your DC-10s equipped with FMS, etc.? I like the paint scheme...

No FMS, it is pretty old school. The -30's have INS, one with the Litton 72 system, two with Litton 92's. The -10's have Universal GPS's, they are nice. Sort of like an FMS. You have to get checked out an all three, but once you get used to it, it really isn't bad knowing and using all three. I like the 92's and GPS, because you can put all of the waypoints in, but the 72 only takes 9 at a time and only in Lat/Long number format. All in all, a very nice airplane to fly, it handles great, is built like a tank, and is well equipped to do the job.

I like the paint scheme too, it is pretty cool. It seems that people either really like it a lot, or they really don't; not too many opinions in the middle. To the people who don't like it: Shoot, at least they didn't paint 'em purple and yellow and name them Big Barney's, right?

Last edited:
hmmm said:
Thanks for the replies on the DC-10 and T6

I used to fly there. Miss it.

But it would have taken too long to upgrade. As it was I was there 4 years furloughed two months every year.

Where iam at now I made Captain in 2 yrs and make the same money but miss the adventure.

Yeah, that's a bummer. Some of the DC-8 guys got furloughed, but they are coming back into the DC-10 now. Right now, the future looks pretty good, with even more DC-10's on the way. The flying has been steadily increasing on the DC-10 as well.

There is a 10% raise across the board this fall to complete the 15% raise in the contract. I hear ya about the adventure!

Latest resources

Back