Army Natl Guard Warrant Officer Program

pmcustom

Total Time
Few
Can you go straight into the Army National Guard as a helo pilot? I am an A&P mechanic, and the recruiter told me that I may have to go in as that for a couple years before applying for the aviator spot. Also, does anyone know where my unit would be if I were to be an aviator in the Ohio Natl Guard? Thanks.

CGPILOT

Total Time
I had to join as enlisted first. Most National Guard units are that way. Check www.baseops.com and look under Aviation Job Listings. They have some units that are looking to send people direct as well as the Army Resrve looking to send people direct also. Hope this helps.

ms6073

Total Time
Some
I think in most cases, this depends on whether or not you are talking to a recruiter who is primarily tasked with recruiting WO for the unit. If you have talked to an enlisted recruiter who has no incentive to bolster the ranks of the units warrant officers, then that recruiter is going to try to get you to sign on the line for something other than a WO slot.

atlcrashpad

Can't hold me down
Total Time
Bling
Guard Vs. Reserve

I believe the Guard requires previous enlistment or at least an MOS prior to WOFT. I know that the Reserve does not require this. Good luck.

CrewDawg

Total Time
LOW
pmcustom said:
Also, does anyone know where my unit would be if I were to be an aviator in the Ohio Natl Guard? Thanks.

I know there is one unit in Akron that is switching to Chinooks, and I believe the other unit flies UH-1's and Blackhawks out of Rickenbacker down in Columbus.

Checks

Total Time
If you want to get into the Ohio Army National Guard then send me a message and I can give you the scoop.

Columbus, KLCK, UH-60's. UH-1's almost all gone. Needs pilots
Canton, KCAK, CH-47;s. Needs pilots

atlcrashpad

Can't hold me down
Total Time
Bling
Army Warrant Officer

SC ARNG is looking for AH-64 pilots. PM me and I'll pass along the info. Don't worry about deployment to "Sandbox", we just came back.

Sharmoota

Total Time
atlcrashpad said:
I believe the Guard requires previous enlistment or at least an MOS prior to WOFT. I know that the Reserve does not require this. Good luck.
Crashpad is right on the money.....The guard requires some enlisted service..

slide33

Augusta Member
Total Time
some
"Don't worry about deployment to "Sandbox", we just came back."

:laugh:

ahhh, that's a good one.

The Guard doesn't have a "High School to Flight School - "Street to Seat" program? Is that only an option for active duty?

Traderd

Total Time
pmcustom said:
Can you go straight into the Army National Guard as a helo pilot? I am an A&P mechanic, and the recruiter told me that I may have to go in as that for a couple years before applying for the aviator spot. Also, does anyone know where my unit would be if I were to be an aviator in the Ohio Natl Guard? Thanks.

Here are some details:

http://www.1800goguard.com/warrantofficer/warrant_eligibility.html