Army National Guard aviation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Paul Hamilton

I’m currently student in college who’s working on additional ratings. I’m interested in flying helicopters for the Army Guard or Reserve. I would like to know if I could get in the Army Guard or Reserves as a warrant officer and fly choppers before I get my 4-year college degree? I would also like to know if warrant officers in the Guard/Reserves have to be enlisted and then be selected to be a warrant officer or if its possible to go straight in as a warrant officer, chopper pilot? Another thing I’m trying to get information about is the location of and how to get in touch with, the Guard/Reserve units that have helicopters, in my home state of Florida. I will appreciate any information anyone has on any of this.

Last edited:
Depending on the unit, you may or may not be able to enlist for flight school. You would go through basic training and the early part of your time at Ft Rucker as enlisted then get your warrant for the flying portion of flight school.

I strongly recommend you visit the APTAP site at:

http://www.forumco.com/aptap/forum.asp

There are a slew of Army Aviators there who have answers to questions like these.

Latest resources

Back