Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

spongebob

Glass half empty
I am a pilot for the USAF and one of our helicopter aerial gunners is interested in Army pilot training. Could someone give me what the details are like max age (waiverable?), what are competetive quals and so on.

Is there a good website that would have this info? I have been unsuccessful finding one.

Thanks,

SB

Spongebob, I believe the applicant can't be older than 33 when the board convenes but I've been told that it's waiverable up to 34. However, I'm not sure that this info is current and maybe some Army aviators here could clear this up.

How about talking him into AF pilot training? Does he have a degree?

I am a pilot for the USAF and one of our helicopter aerial gunners is interested in Army pilot training. Could someone give me what the details are like max age (waiverable?), what are competetive quals and so on.

Is there a good website that would have this info? I have been unsuccessful finding one.

Thanks,

SB

Have him go to a Warrant Officer recruiter. Not a normal one but a Warrant Officer specific recruiter. He wants info on Warrant Officer Flight Training.

Thats honestly the easiest way to get all the info he needs.

CW-2 NVARNG
UH-1H, AH-1F and C-12U

AKA Captain Happy

I work at Army Human Resources Command. Max age for non-aviation Warrant appointment is 47. Max age for initial entry aviation is 33, waiverable to not more than 37 at appointment (this changes almost daily). Appointment is to WO1, then, upon completion of minimum service as a WO1, a Commission is given to CW2. CW2 through CW5 are all Commissioned Officers.

To be competetive, he / she will need to follow the instructions on the USAREC website that is posted above and work through a Warrant Officer Accessions Career Counselor.

You can PM me and I'll give you my office number to pass on to the would-be applicant, and I'll give him / her some straight talk because I am not a recruiter (oh, sorry, they are called Career Counselors, now).

Latest resources

Back