Army Fixed Wing?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Go Helo

My son is an ex-army roto wing, joined the army to fly helos, he had about 400 hr fixed wing before going in. He applied for the fixed course was told no openings. He got orders to Korea in helos and as he was leaving home the assignment guy called and said "we need a C-12 guy in Korea, do you want it?", he said "yes", assingment guy said be in Rucker tommrow. He now flies DC-9's for a national airline. You won't have the chance to go fixed wing until you join, flying helo's is fun and you will be a better pilot for doing it. Even if you don't get the FW course after your initial tour, with your present fixed wing time you will have head of the line privledges at most places you apply.

Hey FW Jets, there really is no per diem here in Kuwait. But we get haz and danger pay and our payhere is tax free so that is good. If you fly the C35 in the reserves in Germany you get perdiem and if you snag a TDY to Kuwait you will also get the haz and danger pay, or so I hear.
Are you Active, Reserve or Guard?

I think living in Germany for a few years would be awesome. Being stationed in Weisbaden would be great for sure. I only had a few days there, but then again it was October <grin>.

:)

Latest resources

Back