Armed Security for Flights to Reagan International

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

kaj837

I just heard from a friend of mine who is still a cop that he has heard of a part time job as armed security for corporate jets flying into Reagan International offered through a company called Jet Professionals out of New Jersey, I believe. Supposedly several of his friends are already signed up. What got my attention is that this supposedly pays 600 dollars for the flight from a midwest gateway to Reagan, plus per diem if there is a layover, and presumably 600 dollars for the return flight. That is somewhere around 3 or 4 hundred an hour! Sounds like a lot of money for a hired gun for what is probably less than about a 2 hour flight.

Anyone know if this is accurate?

We've looked at going "in-house" with this requirement. Any law enforcement officer would / should qualify; just needs to go through a short class to be certified.

What I mean is you never see them advertise for pilots on the charter side and I was wondering why?

psysicx said:
What I mean is you never see them advertise for pilots on the charter side and I was wondering why?

WTFO? Well, I guess to his credit, for once he didn't ask about the QOL!:rolleyes:

Actually I have not asked about QOL for a long time. You just think that since every post someone mentions it.

One of our flight attendants (and her husband) worked there for over 15 years. They both have nothing but good things to say. Possibly they don't advertise because they don't have to.

Latest resources

Back