Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

KingAirer

USER
Just saw there picture of a b1900 on Airliners.net...Anybody know anything about them...I couldnt find a website. Any body got a wager on how long theyll last?

was it arizona airways

When was it...a company called Arizona airways flew 1900's about 8 years ago from Tuscon around the SW. Was bought by Great Lakes..flew as Great lakes a while til they got shut down for faulty maintnance 5 years or so ago...never resumed those operations after the shut down...

I seem to remember about 10 years ago (1992ish) that there was an airline called Arizona Express or something like that, that flew 1900's out of Tucson to ABQ, ELP, YUM. I think they went bankrupt with about 6 months, that 1900 might be one of there old airplanes.

Arizona express is the carrier who competed with Mesa Airlines for the Phoenix-Show Low EAS award and won it....

It was azxpress.com but the site seems to be down for the time being. I know they were using a 421 or something similiar recently while considering getting a 1900. The will just be running from Show Low to Phoenix and back. I also heard they might bid on some routes in NM. This will most likely be a 1 to 2 aircraft operation as far as I heard. That info is a few months old.

Just to add something to this old post but, they bid for the Phoenix to Gallup run. But who know who won it. Right now gallup is just fighting to keep the EAS.

Latest resources

Back