ARINC Flight Coordinator

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pilotgolfer

Title: Flight CoordinatorJob #9264BR City Annapolis State/Province Maryland Position Status Full Time Positions Remaining 2Job

Description ARINC Direct is a complete 24 hours per day/7 days per week flight planning, messaging, and customer service provider, exclusively for business aviation. The ARINC Direct Flight Coordinator is responsible for interacting with ground- and air-based business aviation customers via telephone and message exchanges during all phases of flight planning and operations.

Duties include: create and disseminate computed flight plans and weather information; relay sensitive aviation messages; provide logistical assistance for flight crews and passengers; airport arrival and departure reservation management; customer account, software, and training support; ensure customer satisfaction to customers (pilots, flight departments, and passengers); process incoming customer messages and telephone calls. This position may requires flexible coverage of multiple shifts in support of 24/7 operations, including holidays.

Qualifications Required Experience:
This position requires 2+ years of applicable aviation-related experience.
A thorough understanding of aircraft flight planning, aircraft performance, aviation weather and reports, aviation navigational charts, aviation navigational procedures and related information is required. The selected candidate must have PC operating experience in a professional environment, including standard office software and internet browsing and must possess be able to communicate well both orally and in written form and to deliver exceptional customer service to both internal and external customers. The selected candidate must be able to work for extended periods while seated and using a personal computer and be able to handle incoming customer calls without assistance. We are seeking a person who is able to handle multiple customer requests simultaneously and accurately, work well in dynamic situations, and someone who can anticipate and mitigate problems. The selected candidate must be able to prioritize their time and resources in crises, be able to work very effectively with others in a fast-paced team environment and be able to work independently with limited assistance.Amount of Travel Required for Position0%-25%

Does anybody know a ballpark salary range figure for a job like this? I've researched it on salary.com without much luck.

Thanks

Thanks for the info. My wife doesn't want to leave Annapolis so I can try at a fifth airline! 42K in 2005 looks like a pretty good alternative to unemployment.

The job is 4 days on, 4 days off with 11.5 hour shift (hour lunch break built in). I live 2 miles from the building.

Thanks for the salary info. Would you mind PM me with a recap of the interview?

A friend turned this Annapolis ARINC job into a pretty lucrative corporate dispatch gig after about a year. You apparently get to know the corporate clients pretty well.

Latest resources

Back