Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

aeronautic1

Virgil_Tracy
I have the desire to move to the African continent for a couple of years of flying. What is a good resourse to find opportunities there. Is there an ex-pat community that I might get in contact with?

Go to Pprune.org

Have you heard of Pprune? Professional Pilot's Rumor Network.

www.pprune.org.

There you'll find some geographic forums. You can ask your question there.

I've known of westerners that flew out of Nairobi but I don't have to tell you that eastern Africa has a large muslim population and Nairobi has seen embassy bombings and near shoot downs of civilian airliners.

Be safe.

stay away

Africa is a S******e

ATC is in the stone ages. Those guys pack up at night and go home so you just gotta clear yourself. Radios are horrible and half of the controllers you can't understand. BTW, AIDS runs rampant in some of those countries. People just walking across the ramp with their donkeys and baskets on their heads...stuff from the movies.

Africa??? Why??? Are you young and looking for adventure or something?

You might try looking for United Nations contractors that do a fair amount of flying in Africa. There used to be a lot of work going in and out of Somalia, not sure about now. It could be that there will be a lot of work going into the Darfur region of Sudan, what a paradise that place is :rolleyes: . I think a fair number of those outfits are headquartered in Nairobi so that would be a good place to start a search.

If you are looking for bush flying then Kenya, Tanzania, and Botswana would probably be the best places to go. Lots of rich tourists flying into game reserve/camps. South Africa and Zim would be good as well but I think the local competition might preclude a foreigner from landing a job there.

Typhoonpilot

Latest resources

Back