• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

satpak77

Marriott Platinum Member
ARRGHHHH

:bawling:

Now at "8 hrs TT Proline time"

Leaving a steam gage 1992 B-350 and now flying a newer model Proline 21 we just acquired.

For the first time in a long time (....3000 hrs PIC in steam gage 350 EFIS-85 by the way), I :

- am mentally fatigued after every flight
- feel like a private pilot learning how to fly instruments (well, almost)
- feel a little skeptical of all the gee-whiz technology
- find myself saying "gee in the other plane I would do that by moving heading bug not typing"
- feeling frustrated
- liking the new GF she is really pretty but the way she thinks I am not used to
- etc

just me ?

Embrace it and all of these feelings will go away quickly. Proline is a nice system once you learn it.

It is very nice. It gives you much better situational awareness once you get used to what button to push to give you the correct info. You'll come to appreciate it.

You are going the way, we find those who learned in glass cockpits have to start over to fly steam gauges.

You're funny. You sound like my father. A few years ago my dad went out and bought an old box TV when the stores started switching to flat panel digital TV's. He didn't want to deal with having to program such a complicated piece of equipment with all that new-fangled technology that he was sure he wouldn't understand. Little did he know it's really not much different than programming the old style TV's.

He also didn't learn how to turn on a computer until 2007 and as soon as he learned to use email he started believing the lies in all those chain letter emails he received from his conservative buddies that are circulating around the internet.

I guess my point is the sooner you accept new technology and genuinely try to learn to use it, the happier you'll be.

Last edited:
He also didn't learn how to turn on a computer until 2007 and as soon as he learned to use email he started believing the lies in all those chain letter emails he received from his conservative buddies that are circulating around the internet.

I just hope he didn't buy it at Target. They're owned by the French you know... :laugh:

With 1500 hours on Primus 1000 and 1000 hours on EFIS 85 under my belt, it took about 100 hours to get really comfortable with ProLine 21. It's a great system.

Now that I'm retired, I'm back to developing a comfort level, this time on the Garmin G1000.

I guess my point is the sooner you accept new technology and genuinely try to learn to use it, the happier you'll be.
His initial's aren't DF for nothing!

Give it about 6 months. I transitioned from a steam Falcon 50 to the Proline 21, and it took a little time. But I will say this, it's easier going from steam to glass than going back the other way!

...once you get a few hours in ya, you will come to enjoy the -21 and actually look forward to flying them ;)

does yours have the IFIS upgrade?!?

Latest resources

Back