Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Grey Ghost

God Bless America!
Why is it such a hassle for some gate agents to list you at the gate for a flight??? I just don't see what the big deal is? can anyone explain this to me?

laziness?

I'm always amazed at how many keystrokes it takes for them to list someone. Seriously, why do these airlines make the computer systems so complicated?

Why is it such a hassle for some gate agents to list you at the gate for a flight??? I just don't see what the big deal is? can anyone explain this to me?

It takes less then 5 freeking minuts to list your self...PRINCESS!!!!!!

Last edited:

Because in the eyes of many agents you are a dead weight liability and nothing more, even if you work for that airline. That kind of mentality is not created in a vaccum though; it usually comes from management. Ironically its the same management that preaches customer service at all costs (as long as it doesn't come from their pockets), while constantly dumping on the workers who they depend on to provide said customer service. Who'se running Harvard Business School these days anyway?

It takes less then 5 freeking minuts to list your self...PRINCESS!!!!!!
Not all of us are homebased in clarksberg W.V. like yourself! Sometimes when you finish up a trip and there is an unexpected delayed flight to commute home on, you run up at the last minute and don't have time to do it as you run from one terminal to the next, moron! :smash:

Not all of us are homebased in clarksberg W.V. like yourself! Sometimes when you finish up a trip and there is an unexpected delayed flight to commute home on, you run up at the last minute and don't have time to do it as you run from one terminal to the next, moron! :smash:

Yep, been there, done that many times. And it's always best just to be nice.

"sorry to run up late like this, I didn't plan on taking this flight and was listed for the (whatever your reason was here).

Usually, they say "no problem", get me a JS/OMC pass, and I'm on my merry way. I always say "thanks for helping me out" and board the flight.

Latest resources

Back